Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a rebuilt 340 for sale with a rebuilt 904 transmission. The engine has the following:
1973 block bored .030” over
10.5 to 1 TRW forged pistons w/moly rings, rods resized and bushed w/floating wrist pins and new locks
Pistons and rods balanced
ARP bolts crank polished
Clevite 77 rod, crank, and cam bearings
Windage tray
Dynagear tru-roller timing chain
Crane cam 284/480 degreed
J heads, 3 angle valve job
Comp Cams locks and push rods
Mopar perf. valve springs and adj rocker arms
Edelbrock Torker II intake
Edelbrock thunder series 500cfm carb
Mopar perf. black alum. valve covers. Electronic ign. distr.
Carter fuel pump
Mellings oil pump

The 904 transmission comes with it also. It had also been rebuilt with performance parts. It has a Dynamic 3000 stall torque converter, reverse manual valve body, and an Cheetah SCS shifter with console.
This engine/trans ran high 12's in the 1/4 in a Duster with a Holley 750 on it.
I am located near the Oneonta, NY area.
I am asking $3800 OBO. Willing to meet you part way if needed.
PM me if interested

Attachments

• 340 dodge.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 588
Wow. Too bad I already bought an engine. Just what I was looking for and you're only about 35-40 miles from me. Just my luck. Good luck with the sale.

you sure you don't need another one? or a better one? LOL. I would even deliver it to you. I need to sell it to fund my 5.7 Hemi in my 70 Dart.

I have had a couple PM's asking me to seperate (wanting the shifter only), but I will not separate. The Cheetah SCS is the ideal shifter that everyone will want for this combination.

How many miles are on this engine and trans? This is a good deal for somebody! GLWS :glasses7:

JR, it was a pleasure speaking with you. Looking forward to the 340 residing under the hold of my 72 dart!!!! It's going to be awesome:) also, do you still have the 750 carb that was on the engine? Thanks again!!!

I sold that and bought a 500 cfm edelbrock thunder series because I was going to street drive it only. The carb is brand new.

Consider the engine SOLD to Carls72Dart, will notify if anything changes.

Thanks for the reply. No worries about the carb. I think I might have a volley 750 bouble pumper. I'll have to dig through my boxes of parts.

Sunday can't come fast enough!!!!! So looking forward to picking up the new powerplant and trans for the dart!!!! I'm thinking about starting a build thread:) I think I'll name it "yellow jacket"!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing this build. I will drive out and have you take me for a ride, if you wouldn't mind.

It will be my pleasure:) just as long as I get a ride in your car when your done with your build:) we're going to have to take both cars out to one of the shows when they're done!!!

Motor is sold.
It was nice to meet you today Carl, and your dad, and your girlfriend. I hope you guys tried the Brooks chicken and had a safe trip home. Can't wait to hear your reaction when you get the engine in your car. You are gonna love it.

JR thank you!!! It was great meeting you and your friends and family:) unfortunately we did not make it for lunch today:( it's on our list to try before the end of the year!! I will keep you posted about the engine. Please do the same with your build:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back