Rebuilt carb. Started but died. ??

-

hellfirechrome

Reaction score
Put on my carb, freshly rebuilt. I can't get the darn thing to fire up! It did start and it ran for a couple minutes but now NOTHING. Crank and crank, nada. I tried resetting the idle mixture screw to recommended (seat, them 2.5 turns out). No dice. Also tried a few different steps with fast idle screw (engine is cold so choke is closed) and no luck. Any specific recommendations as to how my idle mix/fast idle/idle set screws should be adjusted? What works for you guys? This is a Holley 1920 on a 225 /6 and MSD 6AL ignition. HELP!!

my only guess is its flooded. It's easy to do if the choke isn't set up yet and opening properly. Try this...
Open both screws 2.5 turns from seated, block the choke wide open Hold the accerater to wide open and crank it until it runs. Dont pump the throttle. The accerater pump would worsen the problem. Good luck

OK which screws? My 1920 only has one idle mix screw and the idle/accelerator screws....

every slant diff but with the holley 1920 and yer average worn 225, about 3 1/2 to 4 turns out on the mixture screw.

so it won't start with pumping the pedal?
will run with pedal but not idle? or is it just not firing anymore period?

the mix screw(s). There isn't a seat to back away from at the throttle stop screws.

-
Back