[FOR SALE] Rebuilt distributors for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do anything mopar if you just need a bushing let me know I do not put the nylons on. Machines aint cheap for one distributor.

What info do you need to recurve the distributor? May as well let you install the bushing too.

Just tell me what mechanical and vacuum curve you want and I will see if I have the parts here, Also what engine? Points or electronic?

Probably 18 initial with 36 total and 10 vacuum. 400 dodge with points. I’m gonna put a pertronic conversion kit in it. Probably have to weld up the slots. Total by 2500 rpm. Thanks

I don't weld them up I put the oem cam plates in let me see if I have the parts. Have a dist number might just have one for exchange if you want. If you do not care about the numbers prob have one done just need to tweek it.

Ok,the one I have I can send you the number on. I got it from a nice guy on fabco before I saw your add. It’s a 68 thru 70 383 B body one that I have now. Appears in good shape except for the plastic bushing that broke. Thanks,mark. BTW, the engines not built yet. It’s a work in progress. Thinking ahead.

Either way if you want one I have cores I can build or you can send me that one to do. I am going to look for a cam in a bit to see what I have.

Ok thanks. If you would give me an estimate of you work. I’m not shopping to compare. I know what a good distributor guy is worth. Just makin sure I can afford it now or later... fixed income thing. Mark

I hear you probably 150 ish if nothing is stupid with the core. Not to much that goes wrong with the points ones as long as the bushings are ok, easy check for side to side play on the shaft. Let me see what I have around might be a easy one.

Man I have a perfectone for you I did for a guy a while ago and no pay 71 B no tag 18 mech 39 all in have to adjust the vac advance a bit, would do a deal on it. here is a pic I will get rid of the nylon bushing also and change it to steel.
DSC02416.JPG
DSC02417.JPG

150? Can the total mechanical be cut back? I may need one for a 440 instead. This setup with a pertronix kit is the best way to go... Imo.

Last edited:
Point type. 68 thru 70 hp 440. Waiting on the other gentleman 1st though.

Just a points rb? Let me see what I have done and get a few pics.
If you do recurving, I’m curious as well. I am gonna wait for the other guy 1st though. It’s the right thing to do. I’m sure you understand.

Totally do. Yes I can curve them with oem parts if I have the right camplates. Not a big fan of welding and filing.

I’m sorry. I got confused. You’re the guy I’ve been talking to all along. Lol!

LOL give me a few have to get some other pics also. Yes I am always confused! And thanks for waiting on my reply!:rofl:

LOL give me a few have to get some other pics also. Yes I am always confused! And thanks for waiting on my reply!:rofl:
Np, could I get the centrifical advance cut back on the 383 one to 20 degrees. Would I save anything except on your parts and labor sending yo my distributor to redo. Reason for the confusion is I have 2/400’s and 2/440’s and not decided yet which one I’m putting in my 67 Cuda. I figured 20 degrees mechanical + 15-16 degrees initial + 10 degrees vacuum may be all mechanical in by 2500 rpm may be about right.

So am I reading it correct that its 18 centrifugal by 2400 and 9 or 11 at 15 inches of vacuum? I ask because the picture distorts when I enlarge it on my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back