reccomendations? 73 dart sport or 75 RR?

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
im in the market for another mopar, i have TWO choices right now

75 plymouth roadrunner
the good: (a 318 small block runs and drives minimal rust)
the bad: (yea its that year of body style)

73 dart sport
the good: (225, runs and drives, attractive body style)
the bad: (needs trunk and floors re done)

Attachments

• IMG_8190 (Small).JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 71673_10200220344013363_93932512_n.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 135
Depending on your "cash" abilities, Land Yacht, or fun project........hmmmmm. I'm going to have to agree with Joe on those.. But if cash os the reason, then sit down and do some quick math, and research on which one is going to be the easist to get parts for, and the cheapest to put back together... Good Luck!

the sports gunna have easier accessability to parts, but the RR has that 1-7,000 made feel BUt the RR is the ugly model, im wanting a prostreet look to the car and ive never seen a 75 rr tubbed and dragged

if these are the only choices ... get the 73.... 75 UGLY... will never be worth anything ...

I would go for the Dart but go for which ever that would make you happy. If you are not happy with it it will not be a fun project for you.

im probably going to get the 73, the guy im buying it from Mobodyman hes a guy on here im going to have him paint it before i start anything motor wise

Go for the Sport. The Roadrunner is actually kinda cool. It's not pretty, it's not fast (in stock form) but being so quirky and unconventional has some pluses. My guess is that if you have any aspirations of making a performance car out of it, you'll have an up hill battle with that big machine and it's really symbolic of a sad time in the world of Muscle Cars... just my opinion.

the 73 is 1500 bucks and an enamel paint job is around 1,000 from him iirc

This sounds fair for a running car with solid exterior panels. While I will readily admit that the '73+ Dodges are not the prettiest of the A-Bodies, they look pretty darned good in person. Plus, the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport has legitimate and justified street cred and you'll never get people making odd faces as they walk by, asking why you put money into it...for whatever that's worth.

Whichever way you go, good luck and keep us posted!

Do you think you would keep the Dart /6 powered?

Dart hands down. I had two one 225 and one 318 you'll love it and heck if your really wanting a duster or demon just clone it

i had a 72 dart before this with a 318 and yea im looking for a performance car, and after thinking about it, the RR would be heavy!

Go for the Sport. The Roadrunner is actually kinda cool. It's not pretty, it's not fast (in stock form) but being so quirky and unconventional has some pluses. My guess is that if you have any aspirations of making a performance car out of it, you'll have an up hill battle with that big machine and it's really symbolic of a sad time in the world of Muscle Cars... just my opinion.

This sounds fair for a running car with solid exterior panels. While I will readily admit that the '73+ Dodges are not the prettiest of the A-Bodies, they look pretty darned good in person. Plus, the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport has legitimate and justified street cred and you'll never get people making odd faces as they walk by, asking why you put money into it...for whatever that's worth.

Whichever way you go, good luck and keep us posted!

Do you think you would keep the Dart /6 powered?

probably not i am by no means a seasoned racer and i need alot of work but i want to either just put a 360 in it or go stock 440 with a little bit of head work, cam, headers intake, carb and a small shot of nitrous

does the runner have buckets or console? them dart sports are dime a dozen. the 1975 runner was one year only.

i want the prostreet look and i dont want the look but the power to not stand by the look if you know what i mean, the fastest ive ever been at the track is 13s

well if it is from a race only standpoint , then cut up the dart. the B Body is much heavier than the A body.

i am biased because i have a 77 charger se and the late B's are attractive to me LOL

well if it is from a race only standpoint , then cut up the dart. the B Body is much heavier than the A body.

i am biased because i have a 77 charger se and the late B's are attractive to me LOL

it will be a street car also, i want 12s in the back, pretty much a mini tubbed car, with the pro street style scoop

Idk what your mechanical abilitys are but a demon clone from that is super easy and pretty cheap I'd say you could get the parts you need for around 500 if you shop around and most likely cheaper if you find a few in darts in fields or yards

Idk what your mechanical abilitys are but a demon clone from that is super easy and pretty cheap I'd say you could get the parts you need for around 500 if you shop around and most likely cheaper if you find a few in darts in fields or yards

id have to do some researching because 340s are hard to find around here and my mechanical abilities are 6/10 i would say

This is how i want the car to look but with D.O.T slicks and a different color of course

Attachments

• duster003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 95
  • duster019.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 91
-
Back