Recent purchase update 65 Dart GT

-

B Taylor

Reaction score
Finally brought the GT home. Brakes are barely functioning so I am ordering everything new, I have already taken off the booster and replaced with a manual MC just to be able to drive it a bit. I may go ahead and have the booster rebuilt when I put on the dual res MC.
Missing the candy canes from the front and will keep looking for a set of those and I need to find a new gas cap.
Interior is in good condition but down the road I will replace the headliner and the dash is cracked but I can recover it. Most of the door rubber is hard and will need replaced but that can wait a while.
Overall it looks great from 10 feet but overall a really nice car for very little money.

Congrats!!! and now the fun begins :)

untitled3.png

untitled.png

Still tinkering on the Dart. Painted the engine when I put in new motor mounts and pulled the instruments form the dash cleaned and painted them. Factory radio is not working and plan to check it out soon. A lot of misc little things needing attention and I will get them as I go ( brittle wires, almost everything rubber etc) Car sat too long without attention.

Beautiful car. I wonder what "not a lot of money" means. That vacuum reservoir box alone is worth >$100. Consider a dual reservoir MC for better safety. Search my post where I gave PN's for the fittings to adapt to your distribution block. Your 1965 has the better bulkhead connector which doesn't suffer meltdown from the large ALT and BAT currents. Your exterior looks primo and the interior fine for a driver. Those are the hang-ups on my 1965 - repair and repaint body.

I am going to have the MC booster rebuilt and when finished I will add the dual res. I have all the fittings to do so ready. As for not a lot of money, I bought the car for 3500 and put 500 in it to get all the brakes rebuilt new rubber in the engine and many other misc items to make it safe to drive. I plan to keep it looking fairly stock with the 225 and little changes from stock. (This is rare for me usually I like power)
Next things are wheels and tires, u joints, carb rebuild and do my best to find missing trim pieces.

-
Back