Recommendation For Small Block Re-usable Valve Cover Gaskets?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Back in the 1970's with a solid lifter camshaft I checked/adjusted valve clearance on the .580 lift/312 duration Isky camshaft I had installed in my 273 bracket racer. I would like to find a similar valve cover gasket that I used back then that I glued to the valve cover and used over and over again (and hopefully not those that cost upwards of fifty dollars). Thank you for your suggestions.

I had good luck with the Fel-Pro gaskets that came in the engine overhaul set. I used silicone to attach them to the valve covers.

One of our members that’s on my ignore list used to promote these heads (Airwolf) and called me a lier a couple times for telling the real truth about this jerk and his heads.

AIRWOLF 220 Sbm heads tested on 360

Back in the 1970's with a solid lifter camshaft I checked/adjusted valve clearance on the .580 lift/312 duration Isky camshaft I had installed in my 273 bracket racer. I would like to find a similar valve cover gasket that I used back then that I glued to the valve cover and used over and over again (and hopefully not those that cost upwards of fifty dollars). Thank you for your suggestions.

I am still using a set of the MP ones that I bought in the late 80s. They were like$12.99 I think. I should have bought several sets!

One of my sons has these, not as good as the old MP ones, no ribs. They have held up well though.

Moroso. Blue rubber(not cheap, disintegrating rubber) with a steel core. Pricey but worth every penny. Last you for longer than ya got left! Unless you over torque them.

felpro 1646 are well worth the $44. They are ultra thick with a steel core. I have had a set on my solid roller cam 408 for probably 15 years. I check lash 2/3 times a season. I think i even clearance'd mine a little bit for a super victor intake paired with some thick flange fabricated alum valve covers. Still seal great. i personally prefer cork to rubber, and these are double thick cork with a steel core. can't beat 'em

Are we talking about cork, cork compostion, rubber, or rubber with steel insert?
I don’t really know what they are, they are not the cork or rubber wire gaskets. They look like regular gasket material, the ones with tabs on them that hold onto the valve cover.

-
Back