Recommendations for trans fluid??

-
Type F and 1 qt of 10/30 is my blend of choice.
I think Torco handles heat better than standard ATF and most modern synthetics.
Torco maintains viscosity at higher temps.
Requiring fluid changes less frequent due to overheating convertors and transmissions.
I know a old max wedge racer and trans guru that used 10/30 only.
I never had the guts to run straight oil, so I use a quart or 2 with type F fluid

That's all I was trying to get at too, I'm not spending thousands and thousands of dollars at official race cars with money on the line either. There's a time and place for high-end lubes where the conditions are extreme. Most people here probably aren't at the high end of that scale.

Right, that’s EXACTLY what I said. It’s not for everyone. Oil like Torco, HPL and others are for people that expect the best. You’re not that guy so move on. I didn’t post what I did for guys like you. No big deal. I get it. You have the chapped ***. Not me.

But I can promise you that I’ve tested more oil on the dyno and the track then you ever will. BTDT. It costs a TON of money to do it correctly.

I posted one example of a mid 7 second dragster that switched to Torco and picked up a tenth. For an oil change. Pretty cheap really. He was already running Torco engine oil because other oils failed. Evidently you don’t like that example.

Right, that’s EXACTLY what I said. It’s not for everyone. Oil like Torco, HPL and others are for people that expect the best. You’re not that guy so move on. I didn’t post what I did for guys like you. No big deal. I get it. You have the chapped ***. Not me.

But I can promise you that I’ve tested more oil on the dyno and the track then you ever will. BTDT. It costs a TON of money to do it correctly.

I posted one example of a mid 7 second dragster that switched to Torco and picked up a tenth. For an oil change. Pretty cheap really. He was already running Torco engine oil because other oils failed. Evidently you don’t like that example.
You're a funny guy, but you keep coming back for more like a goddamn prick. You must be a keyboard warrior. You do realize you admitted you didn't even test the fluid you recommended. I'm pretty sure the op isn't running a 7 second car either. You also don't know **** about me or what I've done. So kindly stfu. Good night and best wishes dick face.

Xoxo
Nick

You're a funny guy, but you keep coming back for more like a goddamn prick. You must be a keyboard warrior. You do realize you admitted you didn't even test the fluid you recommended. I'm pretty sure the op isn't running a 7 second car either. You also don't know **** about me or what I've done. So kindly stfu. Good night and best wishes dick face.

Xoxo
Nick

Thanks for the kind words.

I just blew the bottom of the toilet out.

WoW, this got out of hand. What I want to Know is; when a auto trans is built today, with replacement parts made last week, is the materiels used to make the disks 50 year old formulas or new friction formulas?

WoW, this got out of hand. What I want to Know is; when a auto trans is built today, with replacement parts made last week, is the materiels used to make the disks 50 year old formulas or new friction formulas?
Depends on the clutches you buy.

Did the OP figure which fluid he's going to use.
He couldn't go wrong by using Dextron and a quart of Lucas trans treatment.

@Scody21 I'm thinking a lot like you, chemical & friction properties have changed significantly over the years, and I also am looking for the best fluid for my transmission overhaul investment. All ATF+4 and Dexron-3 and higher numerically (current is 6) are all synthetics. These will hold up much better to higher temperatures than I conventional fluids will ever. They also run significantly cleaner. The major difference (in selection) is how one shifts over the other, it's a seat of the pants type of feel, and as you can see, everyone has an opinion - which is cool. As for my opinion, for what it's worth, I'm going with ATF+4. Price wise, as long as it says it is compatible with ATF+4 or "Dex" you're generally good-to-go. A manufacturer can't put the word "Dexron" on the label without paying GM a royalty and having GM test the fluid, which is why you see Dex instead of Dexron.

A friend of mine is a chemical engineer, there's no way he would put dollar-store oils in his engine or transmission. Buy brand-name product of Dexron 3-6 (III-VI) or ATF+4 or equivalent, at a good price, and call it a day.

BTW, I'm running a 904 with HD frictions & steels, an aluminum servo, a TransGo TF1 kit, and a 2800 stall converter (Edge Racing Converters) behind a long-rod 225 (225 HP). Power cruiser, not a racer. ATF+4.

Last edited:
-
Back