Recommended transmission shop in PHX??

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Im looking to take mine in because i cant seem to sort out the issues with shifting. I was thinking of taking it to Petes around the corner from my house but was curious what other "mopar" shops would be a better fit.

Thanks.
Jake

What shifting issue's if I may ask?
Well, could i say the whole transmission? I rebuilt it though help from video's, the forum and the ATSG book but somehow got it all wrong, i felt like i was meticulous through the rebuild so im really bummed. It seems to lacking power entirely, it goes into all gears but has a vibration. It is behind a 360 Magnum. I had issues with the balance but got that sorted out with help from MagnumMopar. I was actually considering buying a TCI transmission but figured id see what a shop says.

Jake

Well, could i say the whole transmission? I rebuilt it though help from video's, the forum and the ATSG book but somehow got it all wrong, i felt like i was meticulous through the rebuild so im really bummed. It seems to lacking power entirely, it goes into all gears but has a vibration. It is behind a 360 Magnum. I had issues with the balance but got that sorted out with help from MagnumMopar. I was actually considering buying a TCI transmission but figured id see what a shop says.

Jake

Hm, feeling like it was lacking power could be a converter, OR it's shifting way to early.
Does it feel like it shifts way too soon for the engine RPM's?
Also vibrations don't usually come from a trans, but a converter or flex plate/flywheel balance problem. (or possibly a driveline or tires)

I know the guy you need down there, but I can't volunteer him.
He would have to see this first and offer because he's a pretty busy guy already and it's not my place.

Last edited:
Hm, feeling like it was lacking power could be a converter, OR it's shifting way to early.
Does it feel like it shifts way too soon for the engine RPM's?
Also vibrations don't usually come from a trans, but a converter or flex plate/flywheel balance problem. (or possibly a driveline or tires)

I know the guy you need down there, but I can't volunteer him.
He would have to see this first and offer because he's a pretty busy guy already and it's not my place.
Ive adjusted the kickdown a million different times and i can get it to shift but it just doesnt feeel right overall. I sent the converter to guy who uses roadrunner in phoenix and "said" he had it redone. I ended up using the flexplate the MM recommended and a neutral balanced converter as well as a weighted balancer.

Jake

Ive adjusted the kickdown a million different times and i can get it to shift but it just doesnt feeel right overall. I sent the converter to guy who uses roadrunner in phoenix and "said" he had it redone. I ended up using the flexplate the MM recommended and a neutral balanced converter as well as a weighted balancer.

Jake

Most reputable shops will do the whole thing, converter and all only, but it sounds like you are about ready to replace it with something solid and reliable and that ain't a bad thing.:D

-
Back