Recreating my 68 Barracuda from years ago

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Been thinking for a few years now about getting another 67-68 Barracuda Formula S
340 4 speed car. Yes i have had a few cars that i thought would replace it over the years.
but finally decided to make the same exact car & color.
Long story the car was around the block from the high school and everbody wanted it.
But the seller wanted to find the right person for the car. So i gave it a shot and guess what.
I hit it off with them and they let me purchase the car for $1500. all my friends were mad.
they wanted it too.
All it needed was a set of new headers and paint.
Some where along the cars life it was changed to a 340 it was a Factory 4 speed with 430 gears.
So i bought a set of Headers yes water came out the end exhaust port and i was like what!!!
that was weird but thats how they are.
Growing up There was a guy in our neighborhood that had a corvette shop at the farm house doing repairs his name was freddy. "fiberglas freddy"
He painted my car for next to nothing and said i was going to learn how to cut & polish on it. so he taught me how. here is a pic of the car when i first bought it. it was a really nice silver car.
I was young & wanted somthing flashy so freddy said to me one day Hey "JV" heres a color thats pretty cool look at all the colors, as he mixed the paint stick and showed me. I was in. long story short he painted it and i learned how to Polish on that car.
had the car alittle while. Raced around town showing off as we did back then.
beat on the car alittle too much, one time racing someone i broke the clutch fork.
i used to leave 2nd gear stretch for like 20-30 feet. after driving it awhile the car started to tick and have low oil pressure so i decided to sell it. and the next Owner did cam lifters etc.. lets just say he was a very happy to buy it he couldnt believe what i was selling for thr price.
Never saw it again. wouldnt say regretted the sale but always wanted another notchback like it. i did have a blue one a few years back but it was too nice to repaint.
so looking at one now that i found, 68 notch back 340 4 speed with some paperwork. here is the link to the one i found it does have a vinyl top i need to remove. Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale

View attachment 1715772909

View attachment 1715772936

68 barracuda.jpg

003.JPG

002.JPG

Last edited:
would be nice to get that car back into the hands of a mopar man again

maybe you ougtha ask @bluefish for a few shots of his car, i think you might like it
Mine has been thru a few stages. Bought it with a 340 4 speed and then built a 408 and added 727 and now its a 511 12.5:1 727/5500 4.10 gear street/strip deal and runs 10.06@134 with a Dominator. It is now a tunnel ram deal for now and will be a 572 Hemi deal in a few years with everything back under the hood. Painted GTS viper blue in 1998. Still has that paint.

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

-
Back