[WANTED] rectangle exhaust tips

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a few members have used these and liked them. I plan to order a set.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-DEMON-DART-PLYMOUTH-DUSTER-2-1-4-034-RECTANGLE-EXHAUST-TIPS-304-STAINLESS-/151246537450?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276"]Dodge Demon Dart Plymouth Duster 2 1 4 034 Rectangle Exhaust Tips 304 Stainless | eBay[/ame]

Make sure the tips you get are for a 67-69 Barracuda. Dart tips (maybe others too) have the hanger bail in the wrong location. They'll go on but they stick way out of the back of the car unlike the proper tips that just stick out a 2-3 inches. I made this mistake when buying tips and don't like the way they look sticking so far out. Also watch what inlet size their for. The aftermarket ones come in numerous sizes.

Make sure the tips you get are for a 67-69 Barracuda. Dart tips (maybe others too) have the hanger bail in the wrong location. They'll go on but they stick way out of the back of the car unlike the proper tips that just stick out a 2-3 inches. I made this mistake when buying tips and don't like the way they look sticking so far out. Also watch what inlet size their for. The aftermarket ones come in numerous sizes.
What is the correct length for these Will the ones linked above work where the bail is mounted ??

What is the correct length for these Will the ones linked above work where the bail is mounted ??

It's hard to say positively by just looking at the picture but if I had a guess I'd say they look like the type for a Dart. Tomorrow I'll measure the bail mounting position and get back to you.

Sounds good, But if I got the ones linked above couldn't I bend, cut off, or re weld them to where they need to be. if you have some pics of how they should look sticking out from the valence and an under side pic that would help. I just put a new amd rear valence on my car last weekend before it goes to paint and would like to pre fit some tips. my pipes turn down in front of the rear axle now.
Thanks for the help
Luke

I'm sorry Luke but I never got around to taking the pics of the tips today. I've got diabetes and it went haywire and I was so sick I had to go to lay down and rest. I'll make sure and get it done tomorrow.

You could go through the work of cutting off the bails (bending won't work) and re-welding them back on but why not buy the right ones to begin with? If you cut and weld you'll ruin the chrome so they won't look as good. I have the Dart style on my Cuda now so I'll snap a couple pics to show you how far they stick out. I also have a new set of the correct tips and will measure how much different they are than the Dart tips and post it.

I don't know why sticking out a little bit further would hurt anything.
I wouldn't want them out much past the bumper for fear of cutting my leg.

Sounds good, But if I got the ones linked above couldn't I bend, cut off, or re weld them to where they need to be. if you have some pics of how they should look sticking out from the valence and an under side pic that would help. I just put a new amd rear valence on my car last weekend before it goes to paint and would like to pre fit some tips. my pipes turn down in front of the rear axle now.
Thanks for the help
Luke

Here's some pics of what it looks like with Dart tips on a Cuda. I measured and they stick out 3.25" farther than the correct tips will. I can't say they stick out farther than the bumper but their far enough out it's possible you might hit your leg on them, and IMO they just look goofy sticking out that far. I took several pics of my car with Dart tips (which will be changed soon) and a pic of the correct tips to show you where the bail is mounted.

If you don't mind how they look sticking out that far the ones on my car will be for sale soon at a reasonable price. Their 2-1/2" inlets so keep that in mind

You'll notice the drivers side extension sticks out about 3/8~1/2" farther than the pass side. That's due to the numbskull that installed the exhaust for me not positioning it right. He also had the drivers side tailpipe rubbing against the shock that I had to fix, but that's another story

Attachments

• DSC00249.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00250.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00251.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00252.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00254.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00253.JPG