Recurve springs

-
Let's start with what you are working on, what kind of distributor?

My crystal ball is a Microshaft product and currently has a virus

A simple question would have sufficed but I guess we feel the need to add something extra. Maybe you should try an Apple. You won't get that nagging virus problem.
Anyway, it is about a mid 70's Mopar electronic distributor with a #11R vacuum dashpot and a number 15 "top hat" in a 318 with a 904. Thanks, Dennis

MRG 925B IIRC will work.

I'm trying to put together something that isn't as bad as the MP kit from a pricing perspective.

You need to find a top hat with a 10-12 on it... that one has a lot of mechanical timing in it = 30* on the crank.

Mr.Gasket 928g will also work. This kit will give you 3 different spring tensions,for different advances. Start by taking the big/thick spring out of the distributor,and replacing it with your aftermarket spring. Sorry for the troll.

PS: The Mopar Performance spring kit seems to be a hard find.

Mr.Gasket 928g will also work. This kit will give you 3 different spring tensions,for different advances. Start by taking the big/thick spring out of the distributor,and replacing it with your aftermarket spring. Sorry for the troll.

The one you built for me sure feels great :cheers:
Victoria would have never caught the Chevy at the other end with out my recurved Distributor :colors:

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 056.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 292
  • George Ray's 2013 088.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 300

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 319
Thanks. I don't know but maybe "top hats" with other values are hard to come by? I have 3 distributors here and they all have 15's in them.

The kit that 67Dart273 suggested looks good. Anyone have any experience with it? Good? Bad? I am more wondering if the limiting disc holds up.

http://4secondsflat.com/Ignition.html

Thanks. Dennis

Take out the large spring and weld up the inside of the slots on the top hat to 3/8's. This will give you a 20 degree advance at 2500. Initial 15 total 35 Without vacuum advance. If vacuum advance is wanted use a 8.5 adjustable for fuel mileage cruizing. Unplug the vacuum for the track.

If vacuum advance is wanted use a 8.5 adjustable for fuel mileage cruizing.

The 8.5 you speak of is the vacuum advance dash pot? I have 2 and they are both 11R's. I am beginning to think these things(distributors) only came with a 15 "top hat" and 11R dash pots.

I like this idea. The price is reasonable and simple to try. Without anyone having the old distributor machine around, I guess it's all trial and error. I know I can get a baseline from other members but in the end, each car and set-up will react differently.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. Dennis

-
Back