Regarding LOKAR throttle wires. Help please?

-

NorthernSwede

Reaction score
Hi! Since my car is coming close to beeing streetready now that I have a straight driveshaft and new winter tires I'm thinking about addressing the last problem which is the lack of kickdown and throttle linkage.

I'm wondering what exactly is needed to make a complete lokar setup.
The wires are abvious that I need to but but are there any brackets that I need to buy? Will everything bolt straight on?

It's a '66 Dart with a 904 and 318 with a pre-magnum 360 intake and a Holley 650 DP and the only part of the throttle/kickdown linkage that exists are the pedal itself.

Best regards, you guys at FABO rules :snakeman:

If your buying the complete throttle&kickdown cable from Lokar?It should come with a bracket to hold both cables to intake and a small one for the tranny.Do not drive the car without kickdown set!You will fry your transmission.Also,you might have to rig up the throttle bracket/for different carbs.I went with a 72 Duster throttle peddle and cable on my 66 Dart V8 and used the Lokar kickdown cable.Make sure to put a return spring at the tranny for kickdown.Good Luck.

like pettybludart said, get the whole kit with the throttle cable, kickdown, and return spring bracket. They look great and are easy to install. All of the previous linkage can be removed, as non is used for the lokar kit. Just be careful cutting the braided line and it frays very easily.

make sure you use the kick down adapter bracket that bolts on to the carburetor throttle lever.( i have no pitchers) it extends the length of travel for the kick down cable.

I'm not driving it without ;) Thanks, I'll look if the lokal dealer hast the whole set, though i think that I have only seen the separate wires on their weebsite =/

Yeah, they only come separate. Sorry I wasn't clear, but I would get the 24" throttle cable, 904 kickdown cable, and the return spring bracket which comes with two springs. I recommend the "hi-tech" braided stainless cables, they look sweet!

Holy crap! Just noticed that the complete Lokar kit is at 130USD+ freight on summits home page and my dealer here in Sweden takes 270USD+ freight... Anyone who can check what it would cost for anyone of you to ship it here? =/ Sweden.

-
Back