-
Status
Not open for further replies.

simplebob

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have this forged steel 3.31" stroke small block mopar crankshaft, from a 273, that came with a 73 340 engine I bought in parts.

The previous owner had had this crank reground, the mains were ground .010 undersize and the rod journals were ground to small block Chevy large journal size. Guy said they did that because there was limited availability for Mopar sized aftermarket rods at the time (back in the 1990's).

Any way the crank looks great and is in perfect, machine shop fresh condition.

Located in La Plata, MD price $150 Or Best Offer or trade for a Steel 340 crank for Mopar sized rods??

Can be picked up locally in La Plata, MD or at the MOPAZR eastern classic at MIR on October 19, 2013

Pictures are available, just have not had time to pull it out of the box and take them.

What Chevy journal size? They had 2.10" and 2.00". And do you know if they widened the journal as well? SBC rods are wider on the big end than SBM rods.

Thanks!

rod journals are 2.100 and have been widened, if they had not widened them I mike of tried to have it reground to 2.095" and use .030 under size rod bearings with my MOPAR roads?

Was the crank rehardened? Being forged, it needed to be. I have a friend might would be interested if it has been.

I am not sure about if they re hardened it after grinding, but since it was done by a reputable shop I would hope they know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back