Relocated leaf springs '69 Dart - Which shocks are correct?

-

JAmes Dodge

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A friend is mounting in his '69 Dart a 440 Engine/5 speed transmission/Dana 60 and other goodies.
He had relocated the leaf springs, using Magnum Force relocating kit and springs.
Because the shock absorbers supports, attached in the leaf springs, are now shortening the absorbers course, we are trying to find the correct shocks.

Guys who had relocated the leaf springs, which kind of shocks are using in the rear?
And in front, which will be nice to use with this setup (big block engine, big torsion bars)?
It's time to buy the shocks, that's the reason why we are asking about.

thanks!

Don't see why you can't use the stock length shocks, as long as they don't bottom out. There is a lot of travel in the middle range of most shock set ups.

I always measure the distance between the upper and lower shock mount then you have two choices. Go online to the monroe shock website and you should be able to find a chart with just about every shock ever made. You find a shock that has a collapsed and extended length so that your measurement falls in the middle. In other words when the shock is installed it should be able to travel equally in both directions before hitting the end of the travel.
Or, take your measurement to O'Riellys and they can also took it up in one of their old shock books. It should also have the different collapsed and extended lengths.

Treblig

I used the stock shocks, I don't think your length changes enough with the pad moved over 3" to warrant a different shock

-
Back