Relocation

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score
trailored.gif

I packed the truck up with all my worldly posessions, drove the car up the ramps to the trailor and secured her into her little nest, and proceeded over a thousand miles to my new home in central Pennsylvania.

The truck had no cruise control, and I would have to say that that was the only problem I experienced in the entire ordeal.

it was not a matter of cruise not working, it simply was not installed.

I learned how to manuever the pedal with my left foot so the right one could take a well deserved break, and kep me from stopping every hour and a half or so ...

yeah, hopefully things will settle down soon and I will be able to participate in the forum a bit more. :D

trailored.gif

trailored.gif

Sweeeeet. Best of luck. Now who's local to you?

I feel your pain…I just accepted a job out in Indianapolis. So, in about 3 weeks I’ll be doing the same thing….I hate moving!

Now thats a lotta miles to move. Best of luck.

I hate moving as well, too much work ;-) but now I am with my family again and living with my 7 year old daughter for the first time in my life, so in my case it was worth the trouble, now I just need a job so i can return to working on the car :D

Anyone around know of any good salvage yards in central PA? Good shops for the important work like body repair and what not?

any intel will be muchly appreciated :D

Where in central Pa. did you move to?
I'm in central Pa. just outside a little town called Shamokin.

Good Luck on the move...

We are thinking of putting our house for sale, and I can't even begin to think of what it will take to move the Barracuda and all or the 100's of parts I have all over the garage and basement! The housing market is so slow that it will probably take forever to sell anyway....

His home town now says Mifflinburg. Keep your hands off that 66 Dart 4sp sittin' up there..I've been after that car for over a year, just kidding, if you can get it more power to ya. I'm about 12 miles from you, in Selinsgrove, and Evilscamp is about 12 or a few more miles south from me. I have a sign shop called, Ace of Signs, i'm in the Snyder Co. book, give me a call.
There is a body shop just a few miles up Furnace Road, don't remember the name right off, but he does a nice job on the old stuff, not cheap though. There is also a guy in Northumberland I can hook you up with that is not expensive and does a nice job.
Did you move into town or the surrounding area?

Dave

Where in central Pa. did you move to?
I'm in central Pa. just outside a little town called Shamokin.

His home town now says Mifflinburg. Keep your hands off that 66 Dart 4sp sittin' up there..I've been after that car for over a year, just kidding, if you can get it more power to ya. I'm about 12 miles from you, in Selinsgrove, and Evilscamp is about 12 or a few more miles south from me. I have a sign shop called, Ace of Signs, i'm in the Snyder Co. book, give me a call.
There is a body shop just a few miles up Furnace Road, don't remember the name right off, but he does a nice job on the old stuff, not cheap though. There is also a guy in Northumberland I can hook you up with that is not expensive and does a nice job.
Did you move into town or the surrounding area?

Dave

righty right, moved into mifflinburg, am in town up on the hill. You hiring at the sign shop? ;-) Will try to give you a holler sometime soon, still trying to get things settled in some but would definitely love to meet some of the FABO members.

thanks for the other leads, not ready to do much to the car yet but that wont be to far off :D

Thats a long hual. Im looking in to moving to Va. Its 430 miles and that seems like to much trouble.

Wow, perfect timing. You should be settled in just in time to go see the Nostalgia Super Stockers at Beaver Springs on August 10th. Awesome stuff.

-
Back