Remember Our Hero's 12-7-11

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Today is the annversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, remember all the brave hero's who lost their lives and the vets that are still with us today, thank you :salut:

December 7 1941 a date which will live in infamy. Thanks to all who served and all that are serving today. Never forget.

I will never forget and to this day I never take my freedom for granted.
Thanks goes out to all that has fallen and the men and ladies serving today

Thank you 66340, A thread I have been waiting to see today

Thanks to all of them for we would not be flying the old red white and blue.
We'd probable be look at a big red circle or a swastika.
God bless them all!

Yes, never forget. And never forget to thank a vet.
December 7th has always had a very personal meaning to me as my uncle was a Pearl Harbor survivor. He was on board the West Virginia (BB-48) anchored on "Battleship Row" ahead of the Arizona and outboard the Tennessee on December 7, 1941.

View attachment h97398.jpg

The West Virginia was hit by nine torpedos and, thanks to some quick counter-flooding by it's crew, settled on an even keel to the bottom of the harbor. Extensive repairs and modernization returned her to the fleet in 1944 and she was present in Tokyo Bay in 1945 in attendance at the Japanese surrender ceremonies. She was involved in WWII from the beginning to the end.
Dory Miller, celebrated in several movies about the Pearl Harbor attack, was a cook about West Virginia and the first black sailor to receive the Navy Cross for his actions that fateful morning.

-
Back