remember the movie "Christine"

-
Yeah, just watched it this morning on " Monster " channel... Do you remember the Charger his girlfriend drove ???? Sweet !!!

the 68 charger was driven by his football player buddy not the girlfriend... i forget his name.

lol.. yea. that was later in the movie.. what was his freaking name. i can't remember it for the life of me.

to go a little off topic, have you guys seem any updated stuff on that car they pulled out of the time capsule? i never did see any details or good pics>

Saw something about the time capsule car in a mag I got in the mail day before yesterday. Don't remember what it said. I'll have to check it later, don't have time right now. Have to leave the house for a while.

There were a few good pics in Car Craft, and a few other mags.

I was completely amazed at how well the car withstood being in the ground all that time. The biggest issue was that the rear leaf springs had rusted broke in half upon stting the car down.

Of course, the interior was trashed but other than minor pitting the body, expecially the chrome were intact and restorable.

Billy

PS
Yes I'm a :sign2:

There were a few good pics in Car Craft, and a few other mags.

I was completely amazed at how well the car withstood being in the ground all that time. The biggest issue was that the rear leaf springs had rusted broke in half upon stting the car down.

Of course, the interior was trashed but other than minor pitting the body, expecially the chrome were intact and restorable.

Billy

PS
Yes I'm a :sign2:
welcome to fabo.

to go a little off topic, have you guys seem any updated stuff on that car they pulled out of the time capsule? i never did see any details or good pics>

I watched on the internet, from an Oklahoma state tourist website, as they were taking the lid off of the tomb. While they were doing this, they were talking about different things that has been going on since the burial. They said in 1997, I think, that they buried a Plymouth Prowler just down the road from where they had the Belvedere. They will bring it back up in 50 years too.

I finally remembered to check on what I read about the time capsule car. The December issue of HOT ROD magazine says that... "Ultra One Corporation has announced that it is going to dip the complete car in a vat of its Safest Rust Remover. Check out www.safestrustremover.com for details." I haven't checked out the website yet.

Arnie Cunningham owned the car, Dennis was his friend, Buddy was the bully...how could I forget the chicks name...damn.

For that price, does it still do this at will?
christineflames.jpg

Arnie Cunningham owned the car, Dennis was his friend, Buddy was the bully...how could I forget the chicks name...damn.

It's been a while since i seen it but wasn't her name Lee?
I used to have it on DVD but it seems to have walked away!

In the book, Dennis Guilder drove a Plymouth Duster.
After he messed up his leg, he swapped the manual out for an automatic.

-
Back