Remington Mod 700 recall

-
I have about a half a dozen of these rifles, and there is one that will fire without touching the trigger every once in a while.

I love my Mauser actions! I have a couple of 700s that I have set the triggers up for sub MOA accuracy and because the pull is so light just about any rifle with that setup has the potential to fire from a jolt or vibration. Never ever do I handle a 700 with a round in the chamber unless I am about to pull the trigger, safety on or not. I have also had model 70 Winchesters do the same thing the Remington gets a bad rap for so.... Then there is the Steyr 95 straight pull....

"Paid the Price?"

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNQKcU1L_0"]This Little Bullet-with-John-Wayne.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

A few companies make a trigger that will drop right into the 700 action. I always used Jewell. I've had four 700's with Jewell 1.5 ounce triggers. Never could get it to fire even when bouncing the butt on the floor or lifting up on the bolt when closing it.

60 minutes did a story on this subject years ago.

I've got 5 of them and can say that I have never had any issues. However, I never have a round in them unless I am geting ready to shoot at a target or unsuspecting whitetail or coyote.

Factory triggers in Remington 700's are ridiculously easy to lighten up!

I had a 7mm BDL 30 years ago. Remington knew about the problem years before I got mine!

That's true, as I've known about the trigger problem for at least 29 years. I've always never had a round chambered until I was ready to fire, just for safety reasons. Even though I've never had it happen to my 700 BDL, I have seen a 700 fire a round into the ground when a friend had a round in the chamber and was taking it out of the truck. We all assumed he had unloaded the rifle, prior to putting it in the truck (basic gun safety 101).

I've got 5 of them and can say that I have never had any issues. However, I never have a round in them unless I am geting ready to shoot at a target or unsuspecting whitetail or coyote.

Factory triggers in Remington 700's are ridiculously easy to lighten up!

Yes, they are.....and some people shouldn't own firearms. They don't have enough functioning gray matter. I've never had issues with 700's. Even with lightened triggers.

-
Back