Remote Mirror ...clip?

-

SWINGER SWAGGER

Reaction score
hello

i have a 1972 Dart Swinger and I am searching for the clip that holds the remote for the driver's side mirror in place, from the inside of the door. Does anyone know where I can buy one or should I just go scrounge some local junkyards? I am in the process of restoration and without that piece in place I dont want to put on the door panel....

thank you

that part would be best to either find in a junk yard or make your own, its just a small square of metal that fits over the threads of the remote to hold it in place. i just redid my mirror. so if youre going for perfect resto, go to a junkyard, if your just restoring it for yourself and you have the means you might as well go ahead and make one out of some scrap metal.

if it is the one i am thinking about it is in the inside of the door. it holds the remote adjuster to the door. it acts like a nut for it.

that is correct it goes on the inside of the door.. 3 junkyards in the last 2 days with no luck on that front.. but i did find seatbelts!

I believe some are steel springclips kind of like a headliner clip. It clips onto the door safety beam .
Other use a plastic clip that has a loop for the mirror and a barbed stud on the back that presses thru a small hole in the doors sheet metal . I've seen them both but can't recall which went to what .
Does that make any sense ????

pm "crackedback" he can help you i am sure...... he is a member on here from california.

remotemirrorclip.jpg

You mean this doo dad?
I just so happen to have one from a 76 dart parts car.
Pm me your info and I'll send it out ASAP.

I also need one of the clips but I thought it would have been a screw on type similar to the front bezel. Are they clips? and will all years work? I just find it odd since it is threaded.
AL

-
Back