remote oil filter anyone?

-

73dodge

Reaction score
i'm thinking of getting a remote oil filter setup. I'm getting a 408 stroker with a set of tti headers and i don't want to use the angle adapter. It seems to be a good idea, has anyone used that setup?

I have a remote filter on my Cuda and it's sure nice. No more oil running all over the headers when I change the oil. When I rebuilt the engine I tapped the hole in the block that isn't tapped (If I remember right it's the lower one) and installed fittings with true 1/2 I.D. holes in them so as to not restrict oil flow. Note most remote setups come with fittings that only have 7/16 I.D. fittings. The hose used then is 5/8" I.D. that I picked up at the local John Deere dealer for $20.

Here's a couple pix of my installation.

DSC01171.JPE

DSC01176.JPE

No more oil running all over the headers when I change the oil
I had one in my Dart also and for the same reasons. I Loved it. Especially when I was changing the oil every 20 passes (once a month).

I've got a dual filter mount on my car. Oil passes from the engine, to the filter mount, then up front to an oil cooler, then back to the engine. I'll post pics when I get home.

i'm thinking of getting a remote oil filter setup. I'm getting a 408 stroker with a set of tti headers and i don't want to use the angle adapter. It seems to be a good idea, has anyone used that setup?

i wouldnt worry about it you dont need a angle adapter with tti headers the filter fits without it, but you will have to use a short filter since a long filter will hit the tortionbar anyway..

I think fishy68 did it right by tapping the block.... if that is not an option (wasn't for me) I used a Moroso adapter as ssen in Pix 1. Pix 2 is the remote filter setup an pix three is the cooler. Minor issue is the drain back into the block (the filter is located above the pan. I used a 1way valve and accusump to solve and but it is overkill.

Fittings into adapter (Small).JPG

Thermostat and junction (Small).JPG

Front Oil Lines cooler (Small).JPG

-
Back