Remote oil filter

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
Is anyone using one of these? I have one, but I'm debating if it's worth it to install it. Besides making the oil filters more accessible, and adding to the oil capacity, what else would be an advantage?

You can also move the filter where it is away from the exhaust/headers. I have my oil filters remotely mounted but my application is drag race only.

I've never seen a remote oil filter system whether it was factory or aftermarket that didn't seep oil. I just don't like um.....but sometimes there's no choice.

Well, there's a choice here. I just don't like where the filter is currently. This engine has the 90 degree adapter, so I guess I could rotate the adapter for more clearance.

. I run one on my small block because I couldn't get the filter out with 2" tube headers. I also ran a oil cooler because my previous engine was Hard Block filled and I was street driving it.
Here is the issue with a remote filter. The engine takes longer to pump oil to the block on initial start up.
I will not have and oil cooler now that we are starting with a new car it will have new 2 1/8 headers exiting the fenders and no fender wells.
If I can get a large filter directly on the block without even using the 90 degree adapter that will be the way we go. If you don't need a remote filter don't install one. Beware of dry start. Sometime the convenience isn't worth it. Now that the car is apart I can't wait to see what the system weighed. Our goal with the new car is to cut weight also.

Even the engine is much lighter. LOL

spoiler pics 662.jpg

195.JPG

. I run one on my small block because I couldn't get the filter out with 2" tube headers. I also ran a oil cooler because my previous engine was Hard Block filled and I was street driving it.
Here is the issue with a remote filter. The engine takes longer to pump oil to the block on initial start up.
I will not have and oil cooler now that we are starting with a new car it will have new 2 1/8 headers exiting the fenders and no fender wells.
If I can get a large filter directly on the block without even using the 90 degree adapter that will be the way we go. If you don't need a remote filter don't install one. Beware of dry start. Sometime the convenience isn't worth it. Now that the car is apart I can't wait to see what the system weighed. Our goal with the new car is to cut weight also.

View attachment 1715896377

View attachment 1715896380

Either your engine is lighter, or your boy been eatin his Wheaties. lol

Mount the filter lower than the inlet back into the block and it won’t drain back and be a cold start issue.

Dont use a adapter. Drill and tap the block for inlet and return oil and block the main feed back in with a 7/8 by whatever thread plug. I forget the thread count.

You can mount the filter low and behind the engine so you can get to it. It shouldn’t go in the front of the engine bay.

View attachment 1715896377

View attachment 1715896380

Mine was mounted on the passenger side inner fender. It was equipped with the remote dual filter mount when I purchased it. How can I avoid the dry start issue?

I have seen and saw them in use . There is not much room for pipe to AN fittings for large enough braided lines. The moroso style comes with the correct flare fittings for the lines. They would never fit next to one another on the canton style. The flow on this style is restricted by the attachment bolt and the inlets/outlets
22-595-1OilFilterAdapter__26769.1580309612.jpg

I’ve got a NOS Mopar adapter; I’ll have to get to my storage and dig ut out fir a picture ir two

They must have changed their design
Moroso 23686 Moroso Remote Filter Adapters | Summit Racing
This has metric threads, maybe a different #

This is the Mopar 3/4”-16 piece
Canton Racing Products 22-595 Canton Racing 90 Degree Rotating Remote Oil Filter Adapters | Summit Racing
22-595

I had one and sold it. That adapter alone doesn’t do anything different for oil flow, which I wanted. It just allows for remote filtering and getting the filter away from hot headers. If you tap the block like on my engine it increases flow too. I will also be using an Accusump.
Different folks have different needs though.

Can anyone supply some pics of your mount?
I would greatly appreciate it.
BTW, I am running hipo manifolds with TTI system.

Last edited:
In Australia all our A body V8s used a remote oil filter set up from the factory as an oil filter in the stock location would be were our steering box is located. A plate is used at the oil filter location with pipes taking it to a reote filter at the back of the motor next to the distributor. This is a very messy system so on my cars I have always used braided lines going forward to the right hand side inner guard! Someone in Australia also makes a nice billet alloy plate with fittings and that is what I use as the cast iron plate is subject to cracking if you overtighten it! sorry but I do not have any images of it.

-
Back