Remove 66 Cuda Fenders

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
I would like to do some work on my fenders, and would like to bring them into my Basement, as I don't have a Garage. Any idea how hard they are to remove? I have an excellent collection of tools, but do not weld. They are just bolted on right?

If anyone has a step by step process that would be really helpfull.

Robb Adams

Robb,

I recently removed the drivers side fender with no problems at all. There are quite a few bolts, but that is all there is to it. Now my Passenger side, that is another story as I found out that the car was in an accident, and whoever did the repair work, spot welded the fender in instead of bolting it back in. Why you ask? I have no idea and unfortuneatly the only two guys that would know (my dad and grandfather) are no longer around to answer that question. So I will be popping those welds and praying that I can get it lined back up when I go to bolt it back on.

Only took about 30 minutes to remove the entire fender, you do need to remove the headlight and so forth as the headlight bucket is part of the fender.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

John

John, did you have to remove the front bumper to get your fenders off? I just removed the front fenders from my 65 Valiant parts car 2 days ago, and in order to get them off without damaging them, I had to remove the front bumber.

Rob, if you want, I can take a couple of photos for you showing where the bolts are located.

I had the front bumpers off, and I do believe that they did HAVE to be off in order to remove the fenders.

It seemed to me there were about 10 bolts to just remove the fender! The trickiest one was close to the door, you had to open the door to reach it. Other than that, it was really simple.

And yes, they welded the passenger fender on, eventually I will be replacing that fender (If anyone has a spare please let me know!!!!) but for now, I just want to get the fenders cleaned up and get the front end rebuilt so that I can put the new motor in and get this thing on the road.

John

-
Back