removing chrome on a 73 dart custom

-

Smokedya

Reaction score
I've tried to look it up and have had no success. I am going to be doing my body work Friday and going to be painting my car. Or should I just mask them off and just be careful around them.

I'm talking about the chrome around the windows and around both of my doors.

I mean the front and rear windshield. The ones looped around broke off and it looks like clips hold them in place and I don't want to break the others.

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but there is a specific section called "Body/Interior/ Trim" if you post there you might get better response.

Depends how detailed you want to be - you'll get a better paint job if you can remove the chrome, less chance masking seams will show. I had to strip mine all down for body work, it's a bit of a learning experience. There's a tool you need or can make that pulls the clips away from the front/rear glass stainless trim so it comes off easier. It looks like an arrow shaped thing that slides under the trim and grabs the side of the clip. I can try and upload some pics later if no one beats me to it. The clips are replaceable, and just screw into the body around the glass, but a lot of times the screw head is camouflaged by years of crud and rust. I removed my glass so I took them all out and they're getting replaced.

Edit:
Here's a link showing different tools:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...5-how-to-remove-windshield-chrome-trim-pieces

Oh o totally didn't see that board. And thank you for the link I didn't know there was a tool to help you with that.

-
Back