Removing complete dashboard in 1969 Dart

-

kc0r8y

Reaction score
Do I have to take the windshield out to get the whole dash out of my 69 Dart?

Does anyone know of a how to?

Any help appreciated.

Ken

Do I have to take the windshield out to get the whole dash out of my 69 Dart?

Does anyone know of a how to?

Any help appreciated.

Ken
Yes you do because the bolts that hold the top of the dash are impossible to get at with the glass in the car.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.06.49 PM.png

Reverse of the way it was built will require removing the windshield. Part pullers on those yards might pull heater case, fresh air box, and more to defeat those 5 bolts from the underside ( torch, grinder, whatever ). Getting a dash secured in there again would be the challenge.

The winshield needs to come out,there are 5 bolts on top,there is a bolt behind the kick panels,3 nuts for the steering column,pop the bulkhead wiring clips and push it through (inside),disconnect speedo cable and heater switch the the few remaining plugs and your done. The glass is the hard part

The dash can be removed without removing the windshield but it's a pain. To reinstall just reverse the clips and shorten the screws and put them in from the underside

I have been removing the dashes by die grinding the shaft of the screw from underneath and using a flat bar to "pop" the dash frame from the last thread of the screw, without taking the windshield out! Yep, it's easiest if you remove at least the cluster and the glovebox liner!! Getting it all back in is no problem, and sheet metal screws run in from underneath will hold the dash back in!! That's just the way I've been doing it lately, unless the glass is no good or I don't need to save the seal!!

-
Back