Removing engine with trans...

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Last weekend I have tried to remove the 360/727 combo of the 78 Magnum that I bougth. Everything that I could think of is disconnect, in fact the whole combo went foward about maybe 1.5" to 2" ... but I was never able to get it out more then that. It looks like that trans won't come out of is rear crossmember.
Other then the 2 bolts, in front of the cross member, linking the transmission to the support, is there any other bolts?
Do I have to remove the transmission crossmember? (because it has some kind of subframe for the whole front on these car, right in front of the trans crossmember bolts)

Yes you need to remove the crossmember,to pull engine and trans all at once you have to have the front of the engine way up and the trans tailshaft almost touching the ground.It is a good idea to remove the trans fluid also.

Thanks a lot, at least I will stop wasting energy around every other part to get it out.

1969340dart said:
It is a good idea to remove the trans fluid also.
Yep I agree 100% on that one ... but I did not know it when we started tilting the engine ... so when I looked under the car to try to understand why the combo won't come out, I saw the trans fluid pouring out of the trans !!! :sign6: :cussing: :cussing:

-
Back