Removing Fan on 360

-
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am trying to remove the fan on my 360. I removed the 4 bolts near the fan's base(Picture attached) and it won't budge. I didn't want to start prying or tapping a rubber mallet on it before making sure I'm not missing something else holding it on. Is it just those 4 bolts and it should come off?

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 10.42.42 AM.png

It's an interference fit on the water pump hub. Grab the fan blades, walk it back and forth. Just be careful not to punch a hole in the radiator.

Put some cardboard in front of the fan to protect radiator. Then walk it off like Demonracer said.

Ok thanks guys. I took the radiator out so thats all good.

And is the fan AND the wheel, that holds the alternator belt, supposed to come off? The piece I circled in red, or does the fan detach from that. What's that piece called too so I know. Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 11.53.37 AM.png

Hey all,

I am trying to remove the fan on my 360. I removed the 4 bolts near the fan's base(Picture attached) and it won't budge. I didn't want to start prying or tapping a rubber mallet on it before making sure I'm not missing something else holding it on. Is it just those 4 bolts and it should come off?

Thanks for the help.

View attachment 1716205717
It might help for you to also put the fan belt back on. That will keep the pulley from turning so you can turn the fan and remove it.

-
Back