Removing Rearview Mirror Mount

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
it's not an a-body but this question should apply to any car. On my Jeep Cherokee the rearview mirror mount is glued to the windshield way too low and the mirror obstructs my vision at intersections. How can I remove it without breaking the windshield? Will acetone dissolve the adhesive?

A razor blade will take it off . Work around and around. Mark the outside of the glass first ! You want it centered even if chnaging heigth.
Instructions in those adhesive kits dont say you should wire brush that steel piece where it meets the glass. If you dont gey all of the old glue off of it, it wont stay very long. Good luck

go to autozone or whatever and they have a special solvent and remover tool

A razor blade will take it off . Work around and around. Mark the outside of the glass first ! You want it centered even if chnaging heigth.
Instructions in those adhesive kits dont say you should wire brush that steel piece where it meets the glass. If you dont gey all of the old glue off of it, it wont stay very long. Good luck

Thanks crash and red for the info!

i used to use a little propane torch to warm the metal tab up when i worked in the body shop, heat gun would work too

-
Back