Repairing Sail Panel

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
Well I just received a set of Sail panels that I have been waiting for 3 weeks! Besides being filthy there is a big crack.

Any ideas on how I could repair this? I was thinking of a plastic patch. I think plastic welding wouldn't to nice.

Thoughts?

Well what I would do is super glue a peice of plastic to the back side of the panel so it spans the crack all the way down. That will give you a god joint. Then I would V out the crack a little and put some Zap-A-Gap in it. It is a sandable gap filing super glue made just for plastic. Fill in the crack with it then let it dry then sand smoth and repaint the panel.

Well I just received a set of Sail panels that I have been waiting for 3 weeks! Besides being filthy there is a big crack.

Any ideas on how I could repair this? I was thinking of a plastic patch. I think plastic welding wouldn't to nice.

Thoughts?

Did you find any thing that worked? I have one panel with a big crack and another broken in two. It was held together by fabric glued to the back.

Did you find any thing that worked? I have one panel with a big crack and another broken in two. It was held together by fabric glued to the back.

Get a couple sheets of ABS plastic, Its fairly cheap and use the old panels for paterns. I'm looking for a set of panels for my 68 so I can do the same.

-
Back