Repairs made, ready to go racing again!

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
New head gaskets, heads surfaced, new headers and O2 sensor, new Sniper EFI unit, water restrictor removed from gooseneck.
Made 3 passes in and around 100+ heat Friday night and it was fast and consistent. This car has been running in the high 6.40's in good weather, last night was all in the 6.30's. Last pass was a 6.33@ 108.25mph in 98 degree heat (DA 3200).
I see no problem with the plugs (they all look like this one) but am posting a photo anyway.

08-18-23-TimeSlip.jpg

Plugs -08-18-23.jpg

Racing today???
Tomorrow. There is a Sunday racing series in the Dallas area called the Texas Muscle Car Club Challange. There is no prize money but it's actually a lot of fun and good practice. They start time trials at 9am so we can get it done before it gets too hot. There is a race tonight but it's a 2 hour drive in the opposite direction at a track that is notorious for having a slick track in this heat so I am opting for the Sunday morning race at Texas Motorplex in Ennis.

Made it to semi finals, where I turned it red :mad:but the car was doing great despite oppressive heat. Good lights and a predictable dial in. Next weekend is bracket race at Xtreme Raceway Park.

Went racing Saturday. Time trial started at 4:30pm. 108 air temp. Track temp was over 150. Several people going home with battery issues. Me, My winch broke and I was able to get it out of the trailer but needed help to get it back in. I went 5 rounds so there weren't a lot of people still around. Going to get a new winch this week and hopefully find one that fits my bolt pattern so I don't have to do any drilling. This one was already installed in a trailer that was built in 2000 so I figure I got decent use out of it.

-
Back