replacing 4-spd pedals with auto pedal.

-

titan

Reaction score
guy's, can just the 4-speed clutch/brake pedals them selves, be removed, & swapped out with a auto brake pedal without changing the entire assembly(part that bolts to firewall, master cyl, dash frame) under the dash in a 1973 Duster ? just asking before I wiggle under there and look for myself. Thanks

My old Superbee was a 4 speed and the prev. owner changed it to auto to race it. He just pushed the clutch petal to the floor and the over center spring kept it there. If you ever want to change it back, the pedal is there.

Affirmative. Hang the pedal on the pivot and get a pillow to rest your left leg on, he's going to get bored.

Going the other way requires adding a brace to the mounting bracket.

guy's, can just the 4-speed clutch/brake pedals them selves, be removed, & swapped out with a auto brake pedal without changing the entire assembly(part that bolts to firewall, master cyl, dash frame) under the dash in a 1973 Duster ? just asking before I wiggle under there and look for myself. Thanks
I may buy your pedal set if they'll fit an a body.

car has roll cage, so seat has to come out first and is still going to be a rough job. hence why I was hoping for the simple option.

Yes, you can do it if it not a Heavy Duty style clutch pedal assembly, HD has a bigger bushing in it, standard clutch pedal is the same size busing, might be a little tight up there to get it out, but just pull the C clip and remove the pedals, and re install new pedal. That being said, it's not a very hard procedure to take the pedal assembly out, you dont need to remove the master cylinder to do it, just unbolt the brake push rod, and drop the whole thing, just send the old clutch pedal assembly to me, and your all done LOL! Should be about a 20 minute job, pretty simple.

Jeff

-
Back