Replacing spark plug wires

-
I live out in Holland MI
I would imagine shipping wouldn't be more then 25 bucks?

but to be fair, if you post it in the for sale section I think you would have no problem selling it for over a hundred, no problem

so, if you want to do that and get a fair price for it I am fine with it

now, if you want to "donate" it to me for well less then that, I don't mind at all ;)

Hahaha. Yeah definitely that's fine. Let me check on shipping to that area and I'll let u know how much shipping is and we can go from there. Sound good?

If the lifter has too much clearance, ( no preload) it will tick. The problem here is that the lifter has a retainer clip that holds the piston part of the lifter from coming out. That is not how they are designed to work and the clip will eventually fail and fall into the bottom of the engine, or not. Sometimes it is catastrophic, other times not, but it's a roll of the dice that is not in your favor.

Could be a variety of things, major or minor. Exhaust leak, lifter, rocker...

Use a screwdriver, pipe or hose. Put it up to your ear and probe around to pinpoint where it's coming from.

You can use a store reciept or thin paper to find an exhaust leak. Move it around close to the manifolds with it running. You will see the paper pulse if it''s leaking.

Thanks but that attached photo in your reply was what I want mine to look like. Right now mine has that rustoleum spray can primer on it. The person I bought the car from did that apparently. I intend on removing it very soon
That's the car I was talking about

This is my car it's a little dark. Also had a scoop on it but wasn't actually useful as there was no cut out in the hood for air to go through. Just an ornament basically. I removed it filled the holes sanded it and used the same can of rustoleum as rest of car. Good looks way better than the rest of it now. Got to get some replacement parts

View attachment 1714929293
This car! Is it yours?

Yeah thanks guys. I think the ticking might be a seal off one of the headers. Put new spark plug wires on tonight and coil. Fired right up. I went to replace the starter relay and now doesn't want to crank. Doesn't even try. I took a picture of it before I started and everything was put in right spots so I don't understand why it wouldn't fire. Or even sound like it's trying. Put the old relay back on still nothing. Could it be my ignition switch? Battery is good. Checking on it more after work tom but any ideas on this would be helpful.

Could be a variety of things, major or minor. Exhaust leak, lifter, rocker...

Use a screwdriver, pipe or hose. Put it up to your ear and probe around to pinpoint where it's coming from.

You can use a store reciept or thin paper to find an exhaust leak. Move it around close to the manifolds with it running. You will see the paper pulse if it''s leaking.
Thanks I'll try this tom. Honestly sounds like it's coming right from a header towards the firewall or under the valve cover passenger side. I'll have to get it running again before I can determine where exactly. Thanks

No reason like to know who I'm talking to. I like the car it has a good stance. Hey check your fuses also use a screwdriver jump across the relays and see if it starts I have got bad relays new from The Parts House.
Sorry new to engine work. What do you mean jump across relays? Again sorry I'm just learning what some of these things even are called

Sorry new to engine work. What do you mean jump across relays? Again sorry I'm just learning what some of these things even are called

just seen you ask this question here, I think I answered it in your post in the electronics and ignition section

Take something metal and make contact between the two post the small wire coming from the starter snd te big battery wire on the starter relay that should make the motor turn if not look at the starter.

-
Back