Replacing the bench with non mopar buckets..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

We are trying to make the '75 Duster as safe as we can...I suffered quite a neck injury in my old '96 ram ...the head rest didn't go up far enough..really buggered my c-4, c-5, c-6 and I would want my kids to suffer the same and even though we have a set of mopar buckets, we have decided to go not stock.

We pulled the bench today and was blown away how rust free the body is..it was like working on a new car.

However, we have a problem..the floor pan is not flat..

For those of you that have done the same and made brackets for the seats, can you share with us the dimensions ?

The daughter is keen on having her car back and I really don't want to put the bench back in.

Thanks
Grassy

these cars are kind of a pain in the *** to get seats to work in. today im hoping to start putting a set of late model buckets in my duster too. i dont like the high back buckets and the earlier low back buckets go for way too much cash, not to mention the added comfort and support a late model set will provide. i saw a set of seats i really liked a few months ago in the junkyard. i thought about it some and last week i went looking around to see what i could find. walked the whole yard trying to find something i liked and that wouldnt look too out of place if covered to match the rest of the interior, i actually went for that exact set i liked a few months back.

If you have the mopar buckets use the tracks from them.

Actually, I do. What I found was a late model, high end Mazda..I think..it was raining really hard and i saw so much human damage..holes in te windshileds were hed hit 'em..mostly, the junk yard doesn't keep seats becausethere sn't a market for used seatssoyou usuallysee a lot of dirty/oily crap piled on top of them.

Wow..never thought of that. Ding dong. Thanks bigdemo1 !

If I can install without you will see the originals in the classifieds..

Ian.

-
Back