Replacing the whole works!!!

-

dodgethis12

Reaction score
Ok so since I dropped the heads off at the machine shop and the valves were basically welded to the heads from varnished gas... the older guy at the shop said you need to replace the entire fuel system...

I figured I would listen

SO I dropped the tank and sure enough the inside of it is completely full of crust and varnish.

Heres what I need:

New tank
New line from tank to front of car
new sending unit
new rubber seal for tank filler tube.

I know that inline tube.com has the lines....

Are there any other better places to get the lines? WHeres my best source for a tank and sending unit?

And lastly anybody know if I can find a rubber ring that seals the filler tube to the tank?

Thanks

Edit: 70 swinger 2dr 318 auto.

If you have a pipe cutter and a flaring tool just go to your local jobber and buy a roll of whatever steel fuel line size you want. You also need a small pipe bender.I like the KD one. A little heat and the steel tube becomes much easier to bend.

You might try a mopar dealer for the filler tube grommet. The one on my m body was cracked and leaking fuel and I got a brand new one from the local dealership.

Summit,mancini etc for the sending unit.

Everything you need can be bought right here...

gastanks.com

They sell the GOOD Canadian gas tanks not the cheaper Asian ones you find on Ebay. I bought a complete system last year, and have not had one complaint so far.

Everything you need can be bought right here...

gastanks.com

They sell the GOOD Canadian gas tanks not the cheaper Asian ones you find on Ebay. I bought a complete system last year, and have not had one complaint so far.

If we all bought ONLY U.S. and Canadian products, can you imagine how great our economies would be? All the jobs that would be created? Sorry don't want to hijack the thread. Sounds like the source to go with to me.

There is a fabo member on here Marcel is his name. His handle is 6.1cuda68 he owns Canada line and tube, based in Vancouver BC. Here is the link to his site, might as well buy from a fellow fabo brother http://www.canlinetube.ca/
Steve

-
Back