replacing transmission - two questions

-

R3dplanet

Reaction score
Okay. Today I popped in my newly rebuilt 360 and A833 gearbox. I wasn't present during the removal of the transmission, but I did get it in back myself. Before I get everything bolted and cinched back into place I have two questions that maybe someone can answer.

First, the car has a Hurst shifter. I have plans to clean it up before it and the shifter rods are reinstalled. I don't know how to get the shifter rods back into place. Is there a nice instruction manual or how-to nearby? It looks impossible.

Second, I seem to remember at the edge of my memory some newer, better way to connect the driveline to the transmission than the original four-bolts-through-a-plate scenario. Wasn't there some sort of slip yoke or ball joint conversion kit that came out years later?

Now seems like the time to get all of this figured out before I proceed at all.

Thanks!

marcus

I gotta ask,do you have the correct 360 flywheel or is it the flywheel that came from a early model car with the transmission? sounds like a four speed from an early a body such as a barracuda with the four bolt mounting flange with the driveshaft.If that is not a flywheel for the 360 you are gonna have a bad vibration

It's the correct flywheel. I bought it from 440source.com and then had the engine balanced when rebuilt.

-
Back