Repo Headlight Bezels and Hood Lip Molding Fit

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Classic Industries' fit and finish on their repo headlight bezels and hood lip moldings for a '68 Dart?

I'm bumping my original thread as a last ditched effort to get some feedback from others that may have purchased either headlight bezels or hood lip moldings from Classic Industries. If anyone has purchased either of these items, please let me know your thoughts on quality and how well they fit. C'mon:hello1::hello1::hello1:, someone?????

I found Year One to be cheaper by a long shot for headlight bezels. I just ordered my 69's today. Use Coupon code EBODY for 15% off. Can't comment on the hood trim, the set I have (don't remember where I got them) seemed shorter on the ends than the stock.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/DisplayProduct/288073
WOW!!! That is an insanely low price for a pair. Do you know of anyone who's purchased them and reported on their quality?

WOW!!! That is an insanely low price for a pair. Do you know of anyone who's purchased them and reported on their quality?

I'll know this Friday for how they look, I can't fit them yet as the grill isn't finished.

I found Year One to be cheaper by a long shot for headlight bezels. I just ordered my 69's today. Use Coupon code EBODY for 15% off. Can't comment on the hood trim, the set I have (don't remember where I got them) seemed shorter on the ends than the stock.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/DisplayProduct/288073

Wow thanks. I just ordered a set for my 69 dart. I thought it was for one bezel at first. Plus the discount code helped.

Sorry, the weather was nice and 7.5 cubic yards of bark dust landed in my driveway. Anyways, they are decent, comparing them to my originals. They are not perfect by any means, but for the price -vs- having my old once reworked they are a value and a nice bolt on piece (not unlike my P&G tail light bezels that if you look at the paint it falls off). They are, or look to be anodized. Now, I have not installed them, but they seem to line up with the body fairly well just setting them up against the fender. I'll know more when the grill goes on.

Sorry, the weather was nice and 7.5 cubic yards of bark dust landed in my driveway. Anyways, they are decent, comparing them to my originals. They are not perfect by any means, but for the price -vs- having my old once reworked they are a value and a nice bolt on piece (not unlike my P&G tail light bezels that if you look at the paint it falls off). They are, or look to be anodized. Now, I have not installed them, but they seem to line up with the body fairly well just setting them up against the fender. I'll know more when the grill goes on.
Keep us posted on fit. Mine were supposed to be shipped on May 1st, so I called today to check on the status and they told me they're now on backorder until July 1st...bummer!

I believe there is only one manufacture for this part. Same part as PG, BEA, Herbs, etc.

I'm working on fitting the grill and bezels now. Took me two days just to put in the headlights due to constant interruptions and finding parts that have been removed from the car for 15 years. This is the first time since 1997 its had headlights.

I'm working on fitting the grill and bezels now. Took me two days just to put in the headlights due to constant interruptions and finding parts that have been removed from the car for 15 years. This is the first time since 1997 its had headlights.
WOW!!! Good luck on the rebuild....hopefully you'll get it done before the summer starts.

WOW!!! Good luck on the rebuild....hopefully you'll get it done before the summer starts.

Consider this restoration project has been on going since 1997.......

I hope to just make time and get it in. I want to drive the car this summer!

OK, So I got them on. They fit good and for the money are a good deal. They are malleable so you can tweak them to fit. I have one side I need to relieve the stamping flash and bend it up slightly to match the fender. All in all I'm happy. They are made it Taiwan. I'll have pics this week end as I need to document for Insurance.

-
Back