Repo Steering Wheel Does Not Fit

-

desmo900

Reaction score
I purchased a reproduction steering wheel for my 1967 Dart from Restoration Parts source:

http://restorationpartssource.com/store/steering-wheel-1968-69-dart-red-pgc_moreinfo.html

and it will not go on the column. Has anyone else had trouble with the factory type repo'ed steering wheels? I can't believe there is more than one manufacture (likely China) of these. It actually had a tag on it marked A/B/C bodies.

It's a 67-69 column. The wheel does not even make it to the spline. The opening on the wheel is too small.

A and B is the same. There is a blank spot in the splines. Do you have it lined up correctly?

Description says:

Steering Wheel, 1968 - 69 Dart (Red) PGC
MP-260-R69 - PGC - 02900
1968-69 DART STEERING WHEEL (RED)

PGC means PG Classics. So it's a PG part.

That place just resells other peoples stuff. Other items say Hoffmans Winner Circle, PUI, etc. Might just be a internet company that direct ships from manufactures with little inventory and no clue what they are selling.

You sure you ordered the right wheel? If you have a 67 column ...that wheel states 68/69...

i think Peter Gee makes all his own parts in China.Is there some plastic flashing
sticking out that was poorly cast at the factory or perhaps it was mis-labelled.The
'70 columns got bigger but the early ones were small.

I figured they were a reseller. I bought it on sale. My paint guy is having trouble with it. I haven't seen it in person myself. He is sharp so no doubt there is an issue. The PG site lists it for A/B/C and indeed there is a different wheel for 70 and up. I wonder if they sent me the wrong one. The 68-69 thing is curious. I have always understood the three years to be interchangeable.

The only reason I am doing a 67 is that it was my first car when I was 16. If I could go back in time I would have bought a 68 or 69. I could write a book on all of the one year only things on a 1967 Dart...

-
Back