Repro Gauge faces ? where? who?

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
Does anyone make gauge face decals. I know there used to be a company that sold a face decal that would go over the existing (worn out ) faces.

I'm hoping to find one for my 68 Barracuda speedo.

I got a set from these guys www.whitegauges.net

The set was for all A-body Rally gauge clusters and came with overlays for the Speedo, tach, oil, temp, fuel, clock vacuum gauge. There were two speedo overalys for 120 and 150 mph speedos. The only issue on my 68 Cuda is I have a 120 speedo and I do not have the trip odometer. Both the 150 and 120 overlays had cut outs for both odometer and trip. The tach over lay was different than my factory tack but it was just a case of repositioning the needle to the new zero location (the spacing was the same).

Since I wasn't looking to change the look (black on white), just freshen it up I got black with white letters but I had to cut the web out between the two odometer windows. Not noticeable with the black back ground but it would be if you went white on black.

i sent them an email about it but I don't know if they fixed the kits or not. I believe the trip only came with 150 mph speedos.

I went to their site, but it would appear that they have discontinued the black appliques. I don't really want white or pink or green or etc.....
No one answered the phone so I'll email them.

Maybe you could try your local vinyl decal maker.

I did that with my Mustang. Any good graphic artist can make you anything you would want.

Just a thought.

I sent them an email and it turns out that they do in fact have them but do not list them on their site.

It would be weird if they didn't. Can't imagine there is a bigger demand for lavender background than black.

I did notice they didn't fix the trip odometer cut out issue with the 120 mph over lay.

-
Back