Reproduction Duster bumper

-

Uncle Bob

Shiny paint causes stress.
Reaction score
I wanted to advise that AMD apparently has a run of damaged rear Duster bumpers part number 990-1370. I know that because I have two of them here - the second to replace the first one is damaged in exactly the same way. Here they are, side by side.

t8K2CN1.jpg

Both came in new sealed boxes, and looking at the backside it seems obvious the damage was done in the factory when that bumper was a flat sheet of steel.

vK47tSv.jpg

I waited a month for the first replacement, and since that one came direct from AMD, I tried to go direct but they wouldn't have any of that. They told me to go back to my vendor and try again. I guess so they can send me another damaged bumper. The guy I talked to didn't seem to care.

If you buy one of these, be sure you are able to look at it before purchase, or you'll likely get the same thing I did. One is an anomaly, two is a pattern. They've probably got a shelf full of these damaged parts and will keep sending them out until they're all gone.

Anyway, heads up.

IMG_2372.JPG

I thought it was just a fluke that mine from earlier in the year was cracked. It was cracked in the same way, didn't notice until all mounted. Jegs made it right and the next one was fine (thankfully).

20190828_205045.jpg

I thought it was just a fluke that mine from earlier in the year was cracked. It was cracked in the same way, didn't notice until all mounted. Jegs made it right and the next one was fine (thankfully).

View attachment 1715611626
In my case the seller tried to make it right, but AMD shipped me one damaged exactly like the first one. And they don't care one bit.

still looks better then what i have on my 71 right now

still looks better then what i have on my 71 right now
Yeah, but I paid full price for it. Them, actually, now that I've got two.

If someone would've offered me a half price deal when I noticed the first one, they could've kept the second one.

Yeah, but I paid full price for it. Them, actually, now that I've got two.

If someone would've offered me a half price deal when I noticed the first one, they could've kept the second one.

did they charge you for the replacement as well?

it is crazy how expensive repops are for these cars, you would expect to see some quality for that price

did they charge you for the replacement as well?

it is crazy how expensive repops are for these cars, you would expect to see some quality for that price
No I only paid for one.

What is crazy is that AMD knows this is a problem and they choose to do nothing about it but send me back to the vendor. "This is the first I've heard of it" was what the guy said. Maybe true, but with the other photo upstream from @voodoo340 , it seems unlikely to me.

-
Back