Reproduction Gas Tank Advice In Selection

-

QWK FSH

Reaction score
Hello,

I plan to install a reproduction tank in the near future. There is such a wide range in pricing on ebay and other vendors. What should I look for and what should I stay away from?

Any recomemdations in terms of a vendor or the material it's made from?

Thanks a bunch for your input!

I have heard the ebay tanks are decent, just make sure you get the one that is made in Canada (or North America). I bought one of these for my 66 Dart last year and I have no complaints.

spectrum makes the good tanks

I recently replaced the gas tank in my 67 and did quite a bit of research. It is my honest opinion that all of the better tanks that are available are made by Spectra Premium out of Canada.

I checked O'reilly, Advance, RockAuto, gastanks.com and found that they were all made by Spectra Premium. If you find one that is crazy cheap it is probably an inferior Asian made tank.

Once you find who makes the tank, you can shop by price. I used gastanks.com and they were NOT the cheapest by far. Try Rockauto.com same tanks, lower price!

I agree just bought one from mancini and seen it on rockauto.com for $155 cr11e gas tank same tank cheaper price bought a brake booster from rock auto nice piece for the cheap price.

I got mine from rockauto for my 66 cuda, got a pickup/sending unit assy also. Had to get my fill tube grommet from mancini nobody else carried it. fit fine i have had no problems with it, it was the canadian model.

Thanks for the info. Theres a local guy that sells the Cdn ones over the counter, price was pretty decent the last time I checked too.

Ordered from Rock Auto. It's the Spectra brand and a decent price.

Anyone tried Vans Auto? (vansauto.com). THey are pretty well known Mopar parts place. Their tanks are $140, but not sure who makes them? Spectra or some other cheaper source?

Just curious. I"ve got to get a new one for my Dart, the rust is just piling up bad now...

Anyone tried Vans Auto? (vansauto.com). THey are pretty well known Mopar parts place. Their tanks are $140, but not sure who makes them? Spectra or some other cheaper source?

Just curious. I"ve got to get a new one for my Dart, the rust is just piling up bad now...
I purchased one from Vans 2 yrs ago,it was a good unit.

Thanks! Did you get their sending unit too? If so how was that?

I'm thinking that's the best bet right now...

Used a sender from Mancini,had to "tweak" it slightly,pick up tube hit the
bottom of the tank and wouldnt sit flush to get the lock ring back on.I already
had the sender or i would have used Vans.

Used a sender from Mancini,had to "tweak" it slightly,pick up tube hit the
bottom of the tank and wouldnt sit flush to get the lock ring back on.I already
had the sender or i would have used Vans.

Thanks! Vans is looking like the ticket..sender and tank. Little things like ground strap and hoses I may get from Quanta or the parts store, Vans doesnt seem to carry that stuff. Their website does leave something to be desired..but the prices are right!

-
Back