Reproduction gas tanks

-

jysnflem

Reaction score
I was wondering who makes the best reproduction gas tanks for the early a-bodies and are they the same for for all early A's including station wagons? Thanks Jayson

The last few tanks I've purchased have been from Vans Auto (http://www.vansauto.com/fueltanks.html). They run about $120-140. They're the same as the $500 Year One tanks except for the vent pipe (on some anyway). It doesn't affect how anything fits though.

From what I've seen, they seem to be made by the same manufacturer regardless of who is selling them. Keep in mind that the '63 and earlier tanks used an "O" ring instead of a grommet to seal the filler neck tube. You can interchange them if you include the correct seal.
Thanks, Mark

I was wondering who makes the best reproduction gas tanks for the early a-bodies and are they the same for for all early A's including station wagons? Thanks Jayson

There's an outfit in the LA area that makes stainless steel tanks. I'm talking with them about making a tank that fits inside of the sparetire well.

That wouldn't work for me because this is for a station wagon. Jayson

There's an outfit in the LA area that makes stainless steel tanks. I'm talking with them about making a tank that fits inside of the sparetire well.

That would be really nice since now that i've already gotten too deep into my duster to change things i'd like to cover up the spare tire well.

-
Back