reproduction overflow tank??

-

74valiant

Reaction score
im restoring my 74 valiant and have had issues finding a few parts, one of which is a radiator overflow tank. does anybody know of someone that makes these or will i have to find nos?? on an offtopic im also looking for a sideview mirror for the same car and am having an even harder time finding that, any help much appreciated

I have looked for years..never found one. Might do best to buy a used one and clean it up with bleach and so on. You can find a new cap but, that isn't much help.

As long as your used one is not brittle from heat it should clean up pretty good.

I think those were discontinued years ago. I've only found two NOS units in 7 years, one of which I still have (sorry, not for sale).

A lot of guys say they have luck with either bleach or CLR when cleaning a used one. Of course it always helps by starting with the cleanest one possible. The yellowing may be hard to get rid of though.

i did end up finding a nos one, but it isnt cheap by any means. seeing as they arent produced i might have to just throw down the cash. might have more than one also, but didnt ask

I have a used tank and should have a mirror PM me

I have one that came off a 73-74 dart or valiant.Has a new cap.It has the the spike on bottom that sets into hole in frame.$40.00 shipped.Kevin.

i appreciate the offers guys, but unless the parts are new, like new or nos, i cant use em. the car they are going on is going to be pretty much brand new so i gotta make sure everything is up to par

-
Back