Rescued 1972 Swinger

-
Every 318 I ever had with that single plane 2b carb, had a steel crank, I would not toss that motor too fast.

Picked this engine up today. Buddy of mine used to run it in his race car, and then in his Scamp. 1985 360 edelbrock performer intake.

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0774.jpg

I see alot of drilling spot welds in your future.

I see alot of drilling spot welds in your future.
Yep. Took longer than I thought to get just that one panel out. A drill,hammer, and pry bar were my tools of choice. Bought a spot weld cutting bit, will see how that works this weekend.

I would also buy an air chisel, makes it easy to pop the sheet metal apart after drilling.

I would also buy an air chisel, makes it easy to pop the sheet metal apart after drilling.
and sometimes before :rofl:. I got my trunk floor out without so much as cutting a thing, just the chisel. But for sure a handy tool to have. I used a cheapy Harbor Fright one. like 7 bucks but it did the job

and sometimes before :rofl:. I got my trunk floor out without so much as cutting a thing, just the chisel. But for sure a handy tool to have. I used a cheapy Harbor Fright one. like 7 bucks but it did the job

you are going to have a time there, I am just putting the last touches on my 72 swinger that I have had for 28 years,lots of thinking time, real fun. Ill keep an eye on this one.

Cleaned up the rear passenger floor pan area. Also prepared the new floor pan for install. And coated both panels with 3M weld thru primer.

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

Well... went to put the panel in the car today. Began to weld it. Something in the house blew out. Now the front half of the house doesn't have power. Reset all the circuit breakers. Still nothing. It's always something :(.

IMG_0843.JPG

Got tired of using my welder on 110v and opening circuit breakers. Went ahead and got the stuff to wire up a 220v circuit.

51579481477__8CA9E0DF-4E8F-40D0-9C20-54E24EA80037.JPG

-
Back