Rescued H code notchback 4 speed

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
Here's the fenders tag decoded
CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8 TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift TIRES: E70x14 Red Side Wall, steel belted BUILD DATE: October 31. AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior. PAINT: Monotone Red Paint. OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color. * MOLDINGS: 1-3: Unknown Option 25: Drip Rail Mouldings 3-3: Unknown Option 4-3: Unknown Option 5-3: Unknown Option 6-3: Unknown Option 78: Wheel Lip Mouldings 8-3: Unknown Option * ABC OPTIONS: A-3: Unknown Option B-3: Unknown Option C-3: Unknown Option D9: Front Disk Brakes E-3: Unknown Option F7: Barracuda Formula S Package G-3: Unknown Option H-3: Unknown Option J-3: Unknown Option K-3: Unknown Option L-3: Unknown Option M-3: Unknown Option N-3: Unknown Option P-3: Unknown Option Q-3: Unknown Option R-3: Unknown Option S-3: Unknown Option T-3: Unknown Option V-3: Unknown Option W-3: Unknown Option X1: Tinted Glass (all) Y-3: Unknown Option Z-3: Unknown Option * abc OPTIONS: a6: Console b4: Bucket Seats c-3: Unknown Option d-3: Unknown Option e-3: Unknown Option f-3: Unknown Option g-3: Unknown Option h-3: Unknown Option j-3: Unknown Option k-3: Unknown Option m-3: Unknown Option n-3: Unknown Option p-3: Unknown Option q-3: Unknown Option r-3: Unknown Option t-3: Unknown Option u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It) w-3: Unknown Option y-3: Unknown Option

I think you were off a place or two on the decoder. red with black interior and blue upper door frames. sounds like a horror story lol!
What year is the car? I assume 68 from the decode and I don't think they made 67's that early... pictures!!

Sweet. Looking forward to pictures. I found a 1967 Barracuda today. Working on seeing if it can be bought. There was about a foot and a half of snow on the so I couldn't open it up. Has buckets, ralleye dash, ,automatic console and an 8.75" in it. VIN shows it be a high trim 273 car. Appears to have a 440 in it now - grille is out of it so could tell it was an RB motor. Water pump housing has a 1978 cast date on it. Doesn't appear too bad but it has been sitting a long, long time.

I think you were off a place or two on the decoder. red with black interior and blue upper door frames. sounds like a horror story lol!
What year is the car? I assume 68 from the decode and I don't think they made 67's that early... pictures!!

Nope decode is correct. I'm thinking this might be a 1 OF 1 68 barracuda H code cars it was a special order vehicle. Here's some pics and you can see the doors are blue on the inside.

20131230_150245.jpg

20131230_150228.jpg

Wow great find, it's too bad that fender tag didn't make more sense. The other thing is talk about weird colours.
PAINT: Monotone Red Paint. OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color.

Can you get a picture of the fender tag? weird but not unbelievable especially for that time. I take it it looks like this... hard to decipher through all the unknowns.

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: E70x14 Red Side Wall
BUILD DATE: October 31. 1967
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Red Paint.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS: 1-3:
25: Drip Rail Moldings
78: Wheel Lip Moldings

ABC OPTIONS:
D9: Front Disk Brakes
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
X1: Tinted Glass (all)

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

That is correct I decoded the tag and that's what I got also
Car has manual disk no calipers or rotors but the spindles are there, 83/4 and sway bar are there, blue upper door red every else
20131230_163426-1.jpg

20131230_163409-1.jpg

Here you can see the factory heat shield for the HP manifold
20131230_200207.jpg

Very nice score! The upper door frames were black, C, D or E are the blue codes.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1968PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=1

CAR: BH23- Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 62- 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3- 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 38- E70x14 Red Side Wall
BUILD DATE: 431- April 31. 1968
AXLE: 4- 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: H6X -High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: PP1- Monotone Matador Red Paint.
OTHER: B- Black Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
F7: Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio

abc OPTIONS:
u1: Sold Car When Built

Very nice score! The upper door frames were black, C, D or E are the blue codes.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1968PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=1

CAR: BH23- Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 62- 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3- 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: 38- E70x14 Red Side Wall
BUILD DATE: 431- April 31. 1968
AXLE: 4- 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: H6X -High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: PP1- Monotone Matador Red Paint.
OTHER: B- Black Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:

ABC OPTIONS:
F7: Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio

abc OPTIONS:
u1: Sold Car When Built

Build date is A31 not 431 and the lower case u is tough to decipher it looks to be a B but the stamping isn't clear it could be a D which the upper door frames are blue is there anywhere else I could look?
Does any no where I might beable to get a build sheet repoped?
Aaron

A31 - would be October 31st 1967. B-nov, C-december, 1-9 IS Jan- sept.

If you took some fine sandpaper 400-600 over the top of the fender tag it should be a lot clearer. Also the rear of the tag sometimes is clearer.

For 68 up cars build cards are not available through Chrysler due to a fire, and why they are treasured when found.

I talked with one of the old owners of the barracuda today and was informed the car was taken apart with full intentions to be restored but most of the parts and peices were lost in a fire years ago and what wasnt lost was sold in a nasty divorce.
Aaron

I'm in the process of moving the barracuda and while I had it up on the trailer I took some pics of the under chassis
20140131_112807.jpg

20140131_112814.jpg

20140131_112830.jpg

-
Back