resto mod-ish

-

Maxwel Nicoll

Reaction score
I have a 72 swinger special, and a new slant 6 in it. I was thinking of fuel injecting, turbo and all but couldn't find information of what cars and trucks I can rob some parts off of.
I read that Direct injection is done with Ford stuff, but I kinda want to keep to mopar.
I think I can keep the block, but the head will need to change, but not sure if I should search used or just spend the money for a new aftermarket.
How about the intake, what's the best way to run it? Should I put in a scoop, or two?
It's auto right now but I really want to switch to manual, should I do that at the same time or can I save the tranny switch for later.
I'm not going for a racing machine, but I like the idea of computerized, and want to do a bit to it. Has anyone done it like what I want, or heard of someone who tried and failed bad? Any pictures?

just so you know this is not a SBC...

there is no aftermarket head, or even aluminum for that matter...

there are guys who have boosted them and run EFI... i think the mega squirt is the only EFI besides all the other aftermarket ones... nothing really factory...

you should look up slantsix.org for more info... some of the boost guys on here will chime in...

i like mine NA...

Attachments

• 100_4730.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_4732.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 127
-
Back