Resto progress

-

b67cuda

Reaction score
Thought I would post some picks of progress on my car - I took a few shots
now tat I am aligning all the panels or trying to anyway - I also added a shot of the original paint under the windsheild area, I cant wait to have it painted. I believe I have found a painter/body guy to take on the final prep and paint - so these can also act as before pictures soon hopefully.
Happy Holidays.
Bill - b67cuda
67 F/S Conv

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

Wow!!:blob:
That is one sweet barracuda.:notworth:
And it is a four speed conv too.
SSWWEEEET keep us updated b67cuda:thumleft:
You have a good holiday to sir.

Looks like you are well on your way with that one. Should be a very fun car when done, And can't go wrong with a 4 speed vert. Keep up the great work, and look forward to seeing it when it has paint on it.

I agree: a 4spd. rag top is a cool cruiser! Are you going to keep it silver with a red stripe? That'll look KILLER with the red interior. What about the top?

Yes - I am going to keep it the factory silver w/red stripe and the top is black
I have a good bit of the interior and trim ready it has just taken me forever to get all the welding work done but Im finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

Well I went bye the body shop the other day and took a few pics of the progress they are makeing - I know now it was the right decision to leave the finishing work to the pros although my bank account will be feeling the pain. They already have the doors and fender lines looking good and are in process of fixing the half a**ed job I did on the firewall area. Here are some pics from my visit.

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

Lookin' good. Bodywork can be exasperating, tedious, and painful. Unless you're a glutton for punishment you probably made a good choice to turn it over to a shop... unless they fart around a lot and take an unnecessarily long time to do the work. That can be just as frustrating. Keep the pics coming!

Well I have a few last shots of the car without paint she is supposed to be painted in the next couple days - I am also posting a couple shots of my dash - I re-did it myself - it has turned out pretty good - it is not 100% but it will have to do for now since this paint work has set my budget back to the stone ages. Actually it looks quite nice until you get right up on it. Well hopefully next week or so I will have REALLY pretty pictures.

caratshop1.jpg

caratshop2.jpg

caratshop3.jpg

DASH 1.jpg

dash2.jpg

I used the spaz stix mirror chrome - It looks really good but we will see how well it holds up. I just couldnt afford a new dash or re- chrome job right now
maybe next year or so. BTW I bought the paint on ebay but Im sure you could get it somewhere else online or at a modeling/hobby shop it was about $17 after shipping which is alot cheaper than other chrome paints out there.

DSCN0060.jpg

Hey, Looking good !
If I ever finish my 67 ragtop it'll be the original Spiniker white with white vynil top and metallic red guts. The red boot will make it all red when the tops down.
If you need something to play with indoors while waiting for the car.. lets touch that instrument panel again. Get a spray bomb of floresent orange from Lowes and paint all the needles, including the one in the radio dial. Masking the gauges is as simple as a siccor cut in a poker card and you wont use a dimes worth of the paint but it'll be worth the effort.
Let me DeMonize that rallye fuel gauge ! I'd rather give you a 10 dollar discount than read about that car laying on the road side out of gas come summer.
Money is tight everywhere but us mopar brothers help when we can.

You did a great job on the dash and it looks darn good to me!!:cheers:
You are moving forward and doing a fine job.
Keep us updated8)

Dude thats gonna look awsome when its done. Coming along great. I dream of the day my cars ready for paint. Just imagine months down the road youll have the top down and wind in your hair.

Hey RedFish - what would you need from me (and how much) to update my fuel gauge? Do I need to send the whole cluster to you or is there something I can remove and send to you for upgrades? - My gauges were always pretty shaky as all the mopar gauges Ive ever dealt with - even my fathers brand new 79 dodge truck I remember had little "ticks" to the needles on the gauges - I always thought it had something to do with the "battery" voltage regulator. I really thought it was one of those things you just put up with as a mopar owner.

Well - I took a trip to see my Freshly Painted Barracuda yesterday! Mere words cannot detail the level of excitement I am feeling still now from what I saw. I have often wondered how people keep going with projects that take years and years to make any headway with - well after yesterday I now know - I can bearly remember all the endless hours of toiling, bagging, tagging, wreching, welding, fabricating, cursing, throwing ect... it all seems soo far away now, a very distant memory - I can even almost understand how people can do more than one car now (although I have little idea of how they afford it). Well guys enough of my rantings feast your eyes to a little slice heaven here on earth - I hope you like!

cuda web 1.jpg

cuda web 2.jpg

cuda web 3.jpg

cuda web 4.jpg

cuda web 5.jpg

cuda web 6.jpg

web cuda 7.jpg

web cuda 8.jpg

That's beautiful.
And, I know you've still got a grin that you can't wipe off!!!
Can't wait to see a few more progress pics.
FWIW, I took me about 3 months after I had our car at this point.
C

-
Back