Restoration Paint Question

-

young99

Reaction score
I have a question which will be very noobish but was hoping to get some kinda of help. I am pretty new or unfamiliar with paint jobs and that is what the question is about.

I came across a 1971 dodge demon 318 car. I have not seen it in person but just some pictures, I plan to look at it very soon. The car will need a paint job it has had the door replaced (currently different color) and some of the side is scrapped up. I am wondering if I should get it repainted now or later.

My overall goal with the car would be to completely restore it and make it look new again underneath, engine compartment, trunk, and outside body. I dont have a place just yet to disassemble the car and start restoring. I however will in about 5 months when I move and build a storage garage. Would it be alright or dumb to go ahead and have the outside of the car painted now so it don't look so bad? Or should I just bare with the multi color car and wait and have it all painted at one time?

I hope my rambling made some sense.:toothy10:

I would wait on the paint. maybe put the door in primer and take care of the mechanical stuff first. It's easier to work on not having to worry about scratching the paint. Put that money into building your shop. Good luck. 71 demons are the best. IMO.

Welcome to FABO! I agree, if you're going to do a complete restoration soon, wait until then.

-
Back