Restoration? Performance mods? Survivor cars? What's YOUR preference?

-
I'm limited by a dose of reality..........not all that much money and failing health.

So for me it's "most bang for the buck" and this means something I can afford, something I can work on, and the same strategy I've always used.......look for used parts where you can, intake, rear gears, whatever, buy new when forced to, and do as much work as you can.

This then precludes very expensive collectables, resto, and so on.

I like restored original looking stuff, and survivors. But for my own stuff i like sleepers. Kinda like the stuff run in the F.A.S.T. series. Something that looks all stock, but is really hot rodded inside.

I like restored original looking stuff, and survivors. But for my own stuff i like sleepers. Kinda like the stuff run in the F.A.S.T. series. Something that looks all stock, but is really hot rodded inside.

this!!

I can definitely get behind the "FAST" guys and their stock appearing rocketships. :) I've just always thought mopars in general required very little in the way of aftermarket appearance stuff to look terrific. Oh, and thanks for the definition of day two, bomber, that sounds a lot like the kind of car every gearhead kid drove when I was younger.

I appreciate all styles, I do believe certain cars dictate the number of appropriate styles however.

Everything I have is modded, at least to some extent. My 66 Polara is on its 4th engine- 383, 400, 2 440's second trans got different seats. My Dart is going on its third engine and will be cloned to a GT. I don't have anything special so I'm doing what I want. If I'd kept my 68 Charger R/T I would have rebuilt it stock, and then beat on it every chance I had, like doogievlg's dad's mustang.

I don't like goofy-*** or crazy mods and weird stuff, but unless it's a super-rare car, Speed and suspension mods are A-OK with me. Back in my heyday, NOBODY drove a "stock" car, unless they weren't a motor-head and didn't know how (read:"pansy") At the very least, you needed a nice set of mags (Cragars, etc) and headers, and even the most Doofus-y of Doofuses could bolt on a Holley. While I DO appreciate a bone-stock A-body at the shows, I don't spend a whole lotta time hovering over them. I hang out next to the six packs and such.
I guess it depends where and how you grew up, and in what environment.

I like the 62-64 Nostalgia Super Stock look that is still streetable.

It's just plain old school mean looking!

To me, every car has a personality, and sort of tells you what it needs! I like dog dish hubcaps, but only on certain cars! I like mags, but the car has to be right with it! My current convertible project is crying to be slammed, bigger rims, 2 tone paint, and one of a kind, and that's the way I'm going with it, thanks to my buddy Caleb, and his influence on my "old dog" mind!!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm as nostalgic as an old dog should be, and like correctness and originality! I like modern technology, but love the old school feel that I grew up with! I want to start a golf league where you can use nothing but wooden shafted clubs, persimmon headed woods, and maybe even wear those old getups! Then I want to invite all the pros out to play a round and see how good they really are!! Stuff like that!!! Geof

-
Back