Restored Wiper motor color ?

-
Satin black I believe, but if your doing what your handle states, you should have it deleted.

thanks, but the "Guide Book" says nothing of deleting the motor, not sure about SS rules in 68, think you had to leave it on, I know in Stock you did,
but I need it for now for street driving.
thanks again

The SS cars did have a two speed wiper motor painted gloss black.

thanks, but the "Guide Book" says nothing of deleting the motor, not sure about SS rules in 68, think you had to leave it on, I know in Stock you did,
but I need it for now for street driving.
thanks again

Hmmm......I guess I was thinking of heater delete......sorry.

We would love to see pics of yout tribute.....I have only seen 2 REAL ones in person. Definitely a jaw dropping, stunning vehicle, regardless if it's a real one or clone.

Are you going to paint it, or leave it in "as delivered" condition?

For now, "as delivered", probably paint much later, yes heater delete, no prob ! radio delete, rear seat delete, window regs delete, ,,,,,,,,
thanks again.
Pics soon,,,,,,

For now, "as delivered", probably paint much later, yes heater delete, no prob ! radio delete, rear seat delete, window regs delete, ,,,,,,,,
thanks again.
Pics soon,,,,,,

Does it look like this?

WiperMotor.jpg

I had mine restored and assume it is paint correctly, looks right to me.

I have a buddy with a 68SS clone, I will ask him tomorrow if he has one and what color it is.

WiperMotor.jpg

Does it look like this?

View attachment 89612

I had mine restored and assume it is paint correctly, looks right to me.

I have a buddy with a 68SS clone, I will ask him tomorrow if he has one and what color it is.

Wildcat , that`s typical for 67. They changed to the version shown above for 68. Nice job on that motor though, where did you have it restored? I know a lot of people looking for a good service to do those.

Wildcat , that`s typical for 67. They changed to the version shown above for 68. Nice job on that motor though, where did you have it restored? I know a lot of people looking for a good service to do those.

The wiper motor on the SS is one that was made at the Indianapolis Electrical plant. I can remember inspecting them in the mid 70's. I don't know of any of my cars that had that motor. By the time I started working there they were cad plated.

I would have to find the paper work from having mine done. It was done in Canada. I think I sent it to someplace in the states, Buffalo, Detroit, don't remember but it was close to border. It was not cheap either. I could have just painted it, but didn't think it would fit the rest of the car.

I will look for the papers if someone needs the info.

Mine is just like the one in the LO hemi pic, 2 speed,
nice hemi pic, and I know a guy HemiHaines, who does excellent work, from what I have seen. So thanks everybody, I'm going with gloss black !

-
Back