Restoring 69 Cuda tail panel

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
I know that I am a newb, and I have tried to search, and I am also sure this has been addressed before.

I have a 69 Cuda with a decent tail panel. There was a dealer sticker removed, and the finish under that looks markedly different than the rest of the panel. I am wondering if it as simple as some Mothers Aluminum polish or if I need to be more brazen than that. I believe a restored tailpanel has what looks like a fleckstone gray around the letters, and black inside the letters as well....thoughts, advice, or pics would help.

Thanks, this site is rapidly becoming my favorite....behind Google.

I know that I am a newb, and I have tried to search, and I am also sure this has been addressed before.

I have a 69 Cuda with a decent tail panel. There was a dealer sticker removed, and the finish under that looks markedly different than the rest of the panel. I am wondering if it as simple as some Mothers Aluminum polish or if I need to be more brazen than that. I believe a restored tailpanel has what looks like a fleckstone gray around the letters, and black inside the letters as well....thoughts, advice, or pics would help.

Thanks, this site is rapidly becoming my favorite....behind Google.

Mine has a satin black inner (with the same within the letters) surrounded in red. The piece was replaced in '82 with still available service parts.

I think the Formula S cars had the black painted center, while the stock panel was polished aluminum with a fish emblem. You can see the black finish in my picture gallery. It is not correct for my car with the Formula S emblem.

-
Back