Restoring steering wheels

-

swapdaddyxx1

Reaction score
Ok, I know its not an A body,but heres my problem. I have a 63 Sport Fury convert that I have had for years. Hoping to get it back together before I croak. I have been gathering parts for over 30 years,and most everything is done except for putting it back together. Anyone who has had any experience with 63 sport furys can attest to how hard it is to find parts. I have everthing in at least acceptable condition except for one item. All 63 sport furys came standard with the deluxe steering wheel, the top portion is a sort of pearlesent ivory,the bottom portion is color keyed to the rest of the interior,in my case red. I n all my searching, at the nationals,at hershey, Carlyle and all published sources I have never found a decent red and ivory.
I know there are people you can send them to to have them restored, but What most of them do, I can do myself. I have several wheels in various conditions, but only one with the red. the original from my car. I have restored one from a black and ivory,changing the black to red,and it looks pretty decent except for one thing, the ivory is just ivory enamel,not pearlesent. I know they make some paints that are pearlesent, but I have not found a source. Anyone know where I might find it?

-
Back